Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actual example for the put situation:
  • 200x bought +p200's @$12.4 on 9/22 when SP was ~255
  • SP dropped to 190's, the puts were worth 2x = $24.80 -> this was the moment to sell
  • buy 2000x $TSLA
  • use the remaining $120k to buy 100x March +c240
One of the first rules of trading is donā€™t be greedy..

For my options tactics, once Iā€™m well in the money, thereā€™s no more LEVERAGEā€¦ so as the stock might/goes down, that ITM put only goes up or down essentially equal to the share price. Is it still a HEDGE, sure, but I buy options for leverage, income and insurance.

One of the first rules of trading is donā€™t be greedy..

For my options tactics, once Iā€™m well in the money, thereā€™s no more LEVERAGEā€¦ so as the stock might/goes down, that ITM put only goes up or down essentially equal to the share price. Is it still a HEDGE, sure, but I buy options for leverage, income and insurance.
Yes, I had a daydream that the stock would plunge to $100 and I'd be able to buy 10000x $TSLA and pocket $1million in cash... greed clouded my thinking

Anyway, for the moment I missed that boat, so not going to cry over it, just keep milking those puts weekly, plenty of opportunity for them to come back before March, if not, well too bad!

What I am going to do is only write against 100x puts and leave 100x free - not only does my margin calculation love this, but if we get any kind of crash I can keep them free to sell off as I wish

Another big green day! Last week we dump this week we pump from Tuesday to Friday. Got some 0dte call for SPY. Guess Santa is really here. Make me not want to touch any puts for the near future. Market too hotā€¦burning hot!!! Good luck guys and happy Friday.

Tesla going hard to 226 todayā€¦.if that break then guess call for 240 next week.

Employment numbers: people losing their jobs and earning less, so equities go up - seems totally ridiculous and counter-intuitive to me, but there you go!

(yes, yes, I understand it's because of interest rates and bond yields, etc., but a weaker economy = less spending power = less goods sold = less manufacturing = lower EPS, so yeah, OK...)
There is a lot between ā€œpeople losing their jobs and earnings less, so equities go upā€

at this point in the cycle and well, most cycles its more like:

fewer ppl employed, yes losing jobs, wage pressure decreasing
higher unemployment is more correlated with LESS federal reserve tightening
LESS tightening, means interest rates remaining stable, or falling (mkt price, not fed funds rate, but that will follow)
Delta between US debt earnings rate and foreign sovereign debt rates, decreasing, or coming to parity
Currency risk to chase yield becomes less appealing, when sovereign rates are closer in parity
Lower demand for US debt, means less demand for US Dollar (one has to BUY dollars to BUY US Debt)
Lower dollar, means weaker dollar,
Weaker dollar, means things priced in USD$ become more expensive in dollar terms.. OIL, GOLD, and STOCKS
This is short, to medium term in nature, it doesnā€™t continue forever, and at some point fundamentals have more influence.. Macro, micro, company specific

Last edited:
Are they* really going to let it close above that c220 wall today?

I closed out the -p210's I sold yesterday, will see if we get some pull-back and go back in with less contracts at a higher strike

* for any n00bs, "they" refers to the manipulations, also know as "wedgies" in the "other" thread...

I closed out the -p210's I sold yesterday, will see if we get some pull-back and go back in with less contracts at a higher strike

* for any n00bs, "they" refers to the manipulations, also know as "wedgies" in the "other" thread...
Market too hot. Unless there a big V but nothing to drive that yet

it taking a breather now before going back at the 226. zig zag move up is usually more stronger then just a single pump up.

Reactions: Nocturnal

Quick answer, noā€¦ EOD should produce a lot of movement across the board. That GIANT call wall at $220 should get us right to or just below..TWT

QTA Levels for today

1699020917643.png

11/3

1699021019102.png

11/10

1699021045704.png

11/17

1699021085969.png

1699020967569.png

Reactions: sparkz
In Belgium, if you make 1M in a year, donā€™t they tax you like 105%?
Capital gains tax in Belgium is a big grey zone - in principle for personal portfolios it's tax-free, unless you've been doing something they don't like, and that's very subjective, so maybe you pay tax, maybe you don't, depends...

Anyway, to avoid all this I do all my trading in my company, which is a straight 20% on the first ā‚¬100k and 25% after that, so yes, I could perhaps get away with zero taxes in a personal account, but you don't know, so I prefer the clear rules and cough-up what's due every year

Then there's the matter of getting the money out of the company, but this really isn't a discussion for here

Just afraid of that pump and dump DI0003 was talking about - 240 then 140 drop..... maybe that changed?
There is a gap-fill at 143 still open, no? I was targeting that in May and it led to all my shares being sold with -C150 šŸ˜†

Thankfully I bought 150x LEAPS instead, which saved the day a bit, but was a dumb move