Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yoona is a female? Most likely not. Don't let that avatar fool you. That's a korean actress/kpop singer named Im Yonna
I assume this is her talking about herself in 3rd person and not an impersonal statement regarding the general desire of younger female demographics.
1699232315270.png

I assume this is her talking about herself in 3rd person and not an impersonal statement regarding the general desire of younger female demographics.
View attachment 988252
I always thought the guy is a fan of Girls Generation. I have been following yoona(the actress) for over a decade as I am also a fan of her work. Just finish watching one of her dramas recently.

Man I love you guys. My dog brain just gotten bigger. Maybe someday big as Max Plaid….

Yep, you can have the best stragedy in the whole world but that 1 time when you think you know it all Greed knock you out…… good things I know I got the team here for feedbacks before I make any jump.
The good thing though, is that there is nearly no situation where that “1 time …will knock you out” if you know how to roll, or learn when to bail early and take the early first loss. It’s a pretty catastrophic market or equity failure and of course really really bad over levered positioning that could create that much damage in 1 trade. A loss is a loss though, but it’s also an asset (in most parts of the world).

This week plan is to wait till we see a concrete movement pattern on Tesla before getting in. Seem it either blew blast 240 or do the down and up dances.

Safe bet is to join DI003 to short AAPL. Getting 170p and waiting it out.

Most likely we should be seeing a Macro correction early this week due to the crazy bounces last week.

Some updated data from Cary to add to the mix when considering selling options this week:

Above $218.23 can lead to $225.26 which can contain weekly buying pressures. Still no reason to be long, he says, until TSLA closes over $226.

A firm close over $226 TSLA can see $246 by end of this week 👀

Below $225.26 keeps $181.91 channel bottom in reach in 1-2 weeks.

If we break or open below $218.93 then $207.94 in reach same day or 1-2 days. That can be a good place to take profits from shorts/puts and go long anticipating $225.26.

A close below $207 not good.

Bottom line: A close over $226 is a buy signal for a rally into December and possibly Q1-24, with a target of $260-$272.

IMG_3729.jpeg

IMG_3726.jpeg

IMG_3727.jpeg

I'm not aware how to get historical options prices, but I guess a good practice could be to take a snapshot of the options ladder over the weekend, then see how it would have turned out the following Friday...

Probably not too many people know this, but on Etrade, and I think other places, you can chart option prices just the same as stocks:

tsla-call-chart.jpg

Ofcourse it’s possible the person is female. I wonder whether a lot on this forum would have thought so if the image was Taylor Swift’s instead of a Korean star.
Typically males would avatar an Asian female as they are fans, or avatar some super model in skimpy clothing. A female is more likely to use an avatar of someone like Taylor Swift. Asian female stars has little fanatics who are female outside of Korea/Asia. So unless you think Yonna is a Korean girl, then it's most likely a dude.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Yoona is a female? Most likely not. Don't let that avatar fool you. That's a korean actress/kpop singer named Im Yonna
Yes, we know it's a fake avatar, but Yoona had a different female avatar prior to that one... (older and rather attractive I would say!)

OK, my 2c on the ongoing discussion on risk and OTM-ness...

For me you have to trade both directions, so sell puts and sell calls, one side will win (although volatility might make both of them lose like myself last week)

Trick is not only to write far enough out that you have time to react, but if possible to write at strikes you can stomach going ITM

How to achieve this:
- as said above, avoid writing calls during local lows/support and puts at locals highs/resistance, or, if you do, be ultra-cautious
- write calls/puts that you don't mind being assigned, i.e. play the wheel
- write against a %age of your possible positions - if you keep some contracts in-hand then you can add when you roll, you can 2x the contracts for hand the premium to get a much better strike
- be prepared to sit it out: if you've written puts in a dip or calls in a peak and they've gone ITM, or the the SP has been trading in a range, then experience has shown that with a little patience the SP often comes back up/down

Writing against a %age of possible contracts is one of my favourites, not only can you double-up to help a roll, but you can also do alternate weeks - so write 25% of puts for this week, 25% for next, then if you do get caught OTM you can roll out two weeks for each one, get a better position, and not feel like you're losing too much, then the existing 50% you can keep to either double-up the rolls or write now the SP is more in you favour

A bit of short covering this morning, by the looks of it?

Last edited:
I though it was generally understood/assumed around here that Yoona is female.

She has mentioned her husband and daughters in the past, never objected to others referring to her as "she", "her" etc and often addressed the majority in this thread as "boys". I guess the threads getting so long now that its hard for anyone newer to it to absorb all the history.

Thoughts on this week's -c230's... if I feel I need to roll, I'm taking half of them out to September -c265, which will pay around +$32 and by forming a straddle with -p265's will facilitate rolling-down -p300 strikes, which are written against Dec +p270's -> much safer position

Will buy the -c265's back as and when we pull-back

The other half are written against the March +c240's I bought last week which I'd like to sell when they get to 2x - 3x around 240 - 250, then will sell aggressive puts against them to convert to shares

That's the plan!

Also looking to sell some more -p220's for next week, or alternatively two weeks ahead if premiums are sucky

Reactions: Jim Holder
FYI for Schwab people. I just checked my account and it got moved fine in the Schwab app.

However when I used thinkorswim I could only see my previous Schwab accounts and not my TD. I logged out and and in multiple times same thing. I then tried switching to paper money and then back to real money/login and there were my TD accounts.
Good thing they did a lot of stress testing before moving you…ghu

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow