Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The market is so rigged it’s not even funny anymore. If they hadn’t beat expectations, the stock would be down 30%. They beat the number and the stock is still dropping. This is why Wall Street is a complete joke. I called it earlier in this thread that the deliveries would be over 480,000( 3 months ago) just tired of the rigged game that we are in. The media bias, and the general hate against Tesla is out of control.

Rant over 👍
People are in it to make money, and you don't make money with the SP just going up. Nowadays, people make money with IV. We go up, we go down, we go up, we go down, etc...

Fed want a cooling job market. They got it. And now we dump. Weird.

Good news for those wanting to get into the stock. Wasn't there one person the other day asking for a dump to buy-in? Well, wish granted.

FOMC meeting minutes coming up today at 2PM Eastern - buckle-up folks
Good for fed, bad for stock market.

Reactions: BornToFly
Largest, fastest drop in the last month. Appears oversold.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 8.23.58 AM.png

I'd set these before I left for the day but they didn't hit ... I was asking too much. Checking gamma against the end of day chain, seems we are neutral, negative and positive gamma sitting at p240 and c262.5 ... same in terms of OI. I know we can't wholly trust gamma or OI. Thinking to do the same Wednesday but in real time, -p230 and -c270 , $30 wide , sell each side into strength. Will adjust $5 out if things get hot. The intent is to day-trade on the reversal of what I sell into. Anyone see it different?
I opened 1/5 +p200/-p230 spread too early at .60 , stepped away and came back to a sea of red , deep at 1.35 ... slowly recovering at 1.12 ! Last week of the year I sold 2/16 -c280 , are we buying back with the thought that this is the low we've been anticipating?

I opened 1/5 +p200/-p230 spread too early at .60 , stepped away and came back to a sea of red , deep at 1.35 ... slowly recovering at 1.12 ! Last week of the year I sold 2/16 -c280 , are we buying back with the thought that this is the low we've been anticipating?
perhaps re-test of Weekly is done for today

21ema=238.85

1704297316916.png

Closed rest of CC's for a nice win.

Flipped to -P and a couple +P, both of which gain as the SP rises:

-P290 9/20/24 @$66
-P250 1/17/25 @$47.60
+C150 12/19/25 @$118.75

Hopefully TSLA is done with taking a beating and can at least have a DCB back to 250's before it tries for 220's.
At the next apex I'll be looking to flip the -P and +C back to -C's.

So far today's scalping netted $12.5k from CC's I had on from yesterday and some carried from 2023. I didn't get perfect exits since I didn't expect TSLA to go all the way to $236 but I'm okay with that. To have so far $16k+ gains at the 2nd day of the year is a treat. Tomorrow's another day.

Also, I could have sold my longs at break of $247 and scored about $60k by buying them back lower, but I still need to work on being emotionally ready to do that since the wrong move costs between $3k-$6k per dollar in the wrong direction (depending if I sell half or all) and TSLA is prone to sharp bounces. I find using options is safer in this instance (can be rolled if needed, etc.). I also need to gain more conviction in direction before I sell longs. I did it on half my longs mid-2023 from $222 to $212 and scored about $30k but that was after TSLA was clearly in a downtrend for a while. It's my next muscle to work on.

Last edited:
Damn, looked like >240 was getting some traction when there appears to have been a bear raid on $MSFT, which then hit the indicies, at least that's how I saw it...

Looking to fo back in on 1/26, but lower strikes, 260 & 265, but would like some more recovery

My worry is that we might get more sell-off yet, so I'm not stressing too much about getting maimum premium

Yeah, sorry not following you based on the news…….. and just to be clear I’ve been in it since 2015
I’ve watched the games being played 👍
With TSLA's volatility it is wise to hedge. A few weeks ago i bought puts fearing a "sell the news" event post P&D's. SP went down today, value of my puts went up. I still have my core TSLA shares that i will hold long term but more ways than one to skin a cat

With TSLA's volatility it is wise to hedge. A few weeks ago i bought puts fearing a "sell the news" event post P&D's. SP went down today, value of my puts went up. I still have my core TSLA shares that i will hold long term but more ways than one to skin a cat
the point is, the Cat can be skinned, MANY times.. ;-)