Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't even get how voiding it even works. Hasn't Elon already exercised some of the options awarded to him as part of this comp package?
According to the judge, none of it has been exercised yet.

And how exactly can a judge reverse a pay package that was approved by the shareholders of said company. Makes zero sense.
The ruling is based on the shareholder proxy information being incomplete and inaccurate, so shareholders couldn't make a properly informed decision.

Full details of the decision here: https://courts.delaware.gov/Opinions/Download.aspx?id=359340

One resolution would be to have a new vote with complete/accurate information to restore the package as-is.

I just bought back 100 shares AH. I feel like not paying Elon 55B is a good thing for the company financially.

They can figure out a new pay package, it’s not like he’s going to leave the company.
I don't know if it's going to be that simple.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Elon already exercised some of the options from this comp package. How in the world does he and Tesla rectify that?

There's also a ton of earnings that were deferred in relation to Elon's comp package so they would have update years worths of earnings.

Edit: @MP3Mike - What did Elon exercise in Dec 2022 then? Where did those options come from? I'm was almost positive those were in relation to the comp package.

Reactions: DaBooster

IMG_3980.jpeg

From our very own @The Accountant

I don't know if it's going to be that simple.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Elon already exercised some of the options from this comp package. How in the world does he and Tesla rectify that?

There's also a ton of earnings that were deferred in relation to Elon's comp package so they would have update years worths of earnings.

Edit: @MP3Mike - What did Elon exercise in Dec 2022 then? Where did those options come from? I'm was almost positive those were in relation to the comp package.

More money back to Tesla’s bottom line, which incidentally helps value and share price. Imagine Elon has to now liquidate his finances elsewhere, like from SpaceX etc and give back to Tesla (reverse of selling TSLA). That’s be poetic justice. But highly unlikely.

So they can appeal and delay or start from scratch. If Elon doesn’t throw a tantrum it could be worked out.

Reactions: DaBooster
They were from a prior compensation plan. (As I recall they were expiring, and he had to exercise them in that time frame or they would have expired.)

edited: If you dig back through 10-Qs you can find the 2012 and 2014 plans:

1706653187084.png

Last edited:
Sure sounds like Wedbush sold a lot of weekly puts lol.

While you can look at this news as a positive it also adds uncertainty especially after what Musk said about his control.

I sold a few CSPs at the end of the day. I figured we would trade sideways for this week.

BTW isn’t this the same judge that was appointed for the Twitter case?

Sure sounds like Wedbush sold a lot of weekly puts lol.

While you can look at this news as a positive it also adds uncertainty especially after what Musk said about his control.

I sold a few CSPs at the end of the day. I figured we would trade sideways for this week.

BTW isn’t this the same judge that was appointed for the Twitter case?

Same judge.

Fortunately today I bought puts and sold a number of CC's so I am covered from maintenance calls on some of my short puts down to $118.00, but not interested in testing that. And the extrinsic might run out on them too.