Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA looking ahead - bullish compared to last Friday

1710788226808.png

OK guys, my buddy Jenson is talking at 1PM pacific. That dude know how to pump the stock.

Supposed to announce next gen of AI chipset.

Hold onto your underwear or diaper......as this can affect the whole Market.
To be a contrarian....if Nvidia were to announce anything too ground breaking, it would actually be long term bad for Nvidia. Who knows what the threshold is for compute power for the majority of Nvidia's customers to have before their need for additional computer power is gone.

For example, take FSD. Elon's commented a couple times now in the past few days that their computing needs are being addressed rapidly. Tesla will obviously still need a lot of computer before FSD still has a ways to go but how about once they get all functionality in and are just on the later part of the March of 9'.

You could argue Nvidia only wants to announce incremental advancements (enough to stay ahead of competition) but to where there will be a many year tailwind of demand

that would be good.. but frankly I’d rather the extra $3 in premium even for the $5 in lower price. I’ll have to re-assess tomorrow.

Let us know what you decide. The bullish chatter (such as TSLA may pull a rabbit out of the hat; they're going to let TSLA run now; this time the Earning Call will be more upbeat/surprises; etc.) can be distracting to set up bearish positions.

Good video from Sasha:

I am trying to stick to my plan to buy shares after Q1. Tesla raising prices on the Model Y seems like a good direction for margins and I also plan on subscribing to FSD when I come back from vacation and see what all the noise is about. Maybe that will give some guidance to make a decision and pull the trigger on some shares.

Having closed earlier over $171 neutralized the Friday sell signal. One can go long anticipating $198.30 in 1-2 weeks, but keep in mind that TSLA will need to get past $178 and $183 resistances first. A close over $183 any day this week can result in $198.30 by this Friday 👀

Meantime $169.68 can act as decent support and bottom-picking territory.

Watch the short video for the rest:

IMG_6418.jpeg

IMG_6420.jpeg

Having closed earlier over $171 neutralized the Friday sell signal. One can go long anticipating $198.30 in 1-2 weeks, but keep in mind that TSLA will need to get past $178 and $183 resistances first. A close over $183 any day this week can result in $198.30 by this Friday 👀

Meantime $169.68 can act as decent support and bottom-picking territory.

Watch the short video for the rest:

View attachment 1029413

View attachment 1029412
What's your thought on this Jim?

What's your thought on this Jim?

I'm a big fan of Cary's analysis, he's been on point since I've followed his updates (very long time). Had I acted on his analysis and not been paralyzed with indecision/fear, I would have sold at $265 channel top and bought back at $160 channel bottom (a $630k win...😩). He kept saying then over and over to expect TSLA to rotate back to channel bottom ($160's) and it did. It's only my weakness that I didn't pull the trigger then (and again at $230...). Still hard for me even now ($168 to $160) 😡. Meantime I HODL and stick to selling CC's/scalping.

So to answer your question, macro permitting I do see bullish continuation from here into P&D, prolly a rocky zig-zag, and it may also be wise to consider selling into $190-$195 if we get up there, expecting rotation back down to $160's. NFA.

To add to the intrigue, I have 10x -C175 3/22 I sold for $1.00 that's red ($3.65 now). May be the first roll I'll need to do in months if we keep running. But I think we could test $166-167 tomorrow (Tuesday special!) and maybe I'll BTC then.

I also bought earlier in the morning 12x +P150 4/26 @$4.60 (now red at $3.50). Going decide tomorrow if to STC for a loss based on PA and revisit adding any +P's back later in the week.

Last edited:
Let us know what you decide. The bullish chatter (such as TSLA may pull a rabbit out of the hat; they're going to let TSLA run now; this time the Earning Call will be more upbeat/surprises; etc.) can be distracting to set up bearish positions.
Will do.. frankly, i don’t think anything about the overall narrative or industry/secular narrative has changed and to some extent it’s a bit worse. So I’m fine trying for these levels and payouts overall. Is there a risk of a $25 run up from here for SOME reason, sure but $200 is a concrete ceiling at this point and will be very difficult resistance for a while. It would take something truly substantive to get us up and OVER and open up much upside. I’m happy to see that happen, but also happy to pick up the play at that point with more conclusive info and not just optimism. I put the over under here for a $20 move to UNDER and not over in the next 45 days. Stay frosty.