Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking weak deliveries was too telegraphed to go down too much today. It was pretty expected so people have to close short calls and take profits on puts and reposition. I don’t think the other shoe has dropped yet after just 4 hours, though. The stock doesn’t go down all in one day.

Holding short calls 170-180 every week this month. Plus +p165-160 for Friday, 4/19, and 4/26.
There's pretty much guaranteed to be bearish narrative's over the next couple of months (ignoring any advancements on FSD front).

Tesla's inventory nearly double so either we're about to see massive price cuts or we're going to see announcements of idling production lines. Maybe even a combination of both. Wouldn't be surprised to see some layoffs as well (good for any other stock but always terrible for TSLA lol )

Stock will likely be hit 3-5% on each bearish narrative event. We'll need some majorly positive FSD progress over the next couple of months to counter it.

Last edited:
@dl003 , please share what do you see in your magic (TA) crystal ball based on today PA.
I have always tried to turn a blind eye to the fundamentals when doing my chart work, but today it's exceptionally difficult to do so. I'm very surprised that it has not broken 160 and think it has something to do with the 2H overbought reading that we saw earlier last week. The difference now is the odd has swung overwhelmingly toward 145. I think we'll see it after ER. Between now and ER I think we just going to chop sideway.

I have always tried to turn a blind eye to the fundamentals when doing my chart work, but today it's exceptionally difficult to do so. I'm very surprised that it has not broken 160 and think it has something to do with the 2H overbought reading that we saw earlier last week. The difference now is the odd has swung overwhelmingly toward 145. I think we'll see it after ER. Between now and ER I think we just going to chop sideway.
Thanks dl003. Any re-positioning since ER now delays till the 23rd?

Was thinking of the below Put Spread

1712081411195.png

Same. I'm just a little (/s) bit skeptical that this is the end of it.
Me too. But I'm going a bit lighter on new shorts since we are this much down already. Can always add if we break and close candles below $158, etc.
Right now I'm delighted seeing the resiliency of it hanging in there around $166.

Like others here I'm a bit surprised at the price action. Going to close my april 12th $170 puts near market close today and hold my Jan '25 cc at $240c in the event we see a drop throughout the next few weeks. The puts are too short term to hold onto I think.

Edit: closed the April 12th puts @ $170p for $6.60 each. Decent +25% low risk trade

Last edited:
In fact it amazes me as well, but could FSD, AI, Energy, Optimus,… already be priced in more than we think? Could WS understand that Tesla is somewhat transitioning and those other segments are growing more and more?
Not saying we can’t get any lower, but 9 months ago we were banging 300s door, it’s not like Tesla changed that much to trade half of that today. To be honest: maybe 300 was too high back then as well.

Will sit and wait now and see what the numbers say in a few weeks.

Reactions: BornToFly
Like others here I'm a bit surprised at the price action. Going to close my april 12th $170 puts near market close today and hold my Jan '25 cc at $240c in the event we see a drop throughout the next few weeks. The puts are too short term to hold onto I think
Ditto - Although this morning would have been a better time to sell these , I still made ~2$ holding 24 hours !