Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we in a phase where everything Elon does is to stop the stock from catering ;) :p
Maybe all those -p150's are Elon's 😂

So, for those with sharp memories (=not me), you may recall I was put 500 $NVDA @$950 earlier this week, I immediately sold 5x 4/19 -850 straddle to start recuperating the $100 per share, but in the meantime decided I could probably do pretty well selling calls against these for a while

The doubt in my mind is the possibility of a correction, and ending up dholding the bag on shares bought near ATH

So today I bought 5x Jan +p900 to cover that downside, and I sold off the 20x July +p600 I was till holding, they're a bit useless anyway as they are so far OTM

Plan from here is to sell weekly puts to recuperate the cost, which was $140, so with roughly 40x expiries, $5 a week should be good, normally on $NVDA $10 weeklies are relatively safe, and milk the call side for whatever I can - 5/23 +c950's are paying $50, that week is much higher IV than the rest, I assume it earnings then?

Last edited:
TSLA doing well compared to the rest of the EV stock, Elon's pump pump pump bearing fruit!

Yeah, I know, I should remove FSKR, NKLA, NRDE, FFIE, but they're good entertainment value...

1712935389096.png

Maybe all those -p150's are Elon's 😂

So, for those with sharp memories (=not me), you may recall I was put 500 $NVDA @$950 earlier this week, I immediately sold 5x 4/19 -850 straddle to start recuperating the $100 per share, but in the meantime decided I could probably do pretty well selling calls against these for a while

The doubt in my mind is the possibility of a correction, and ending up dholding the bag on shares bought near ATH

So today I bought 5x Jan +p900 to cover that downside, and I sold off the 20x July +p600 I was till holding, they're a bit useless anyway as they are so far OTM

Plan from here is to sell weekly puts to recuperate the cost, which was $140, so with roughly 40x expiries, $5 a week should be good, normally on $NVDA $10 weeklies are relatively safe, and milk the call side for whatever I can - 5/23 +c950's are paying $50, that week is much higher IV than the rest, I assume it earnings then?
the good news about NVDA crashing is now we can fib it, whereas in the past we don't know what the upper limit is coz everyday was ATH; methinks smart money is accumulating and we go up to earnings

not advice!

1712936951188.png

I'm not hedging the downside much on NVDA personally. I'll be selling 10-15DTE ATM calls against any shares assigned, and keep writing puts up to my ladder limit. The premiums are solid enough that my effective cost basis YTD doesn't warrant a whole lot of extra insurance yet.

Visit 2 days prior to earnings...wow

I hate to be THAT guy, but frankly putting it at this time and date (and the move of earnings call back six days to 4/23, and AFTER the monthly options expiry) - smells like Tesla wants to have some new possibly market influencing news to deploy BEFORE the E day.

I hate to be THAT guy, but frankly putting it at this time and date (and the move of earnings call back six days to 4/23, and AFTER the monthly options expiry) - smells like Tesla wants to have some new possibly market influencing news to deploy BEFORE the E day.
It's been a month or so since EV guidelines were passed in India along with the import rules.
Is it Elon who wants it before earnings or is it Modi who want's it before his elections ?

takes 2 to tango .. and IMHO, I don't think Tesla can dictate what/when it wants things
+(Tesla was trying to get their door in the door for atleast 5 years ) ... cheers!!

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Also apparently Elon liked a couple tweets/polls yesterday about a $99/month subscription price.

Would not be at all surprised to see Tesla announce a $99 or $129 FSD monthly subscription price. Maybe even have it a time exclusive thing (like remainder of 2024).

Also apparently Elon liked a couple tweets/polls yesterday about a $99/month subscription price.

Would not be at all surprised to see Tesla announce a $99 or $129 FSD monthly subscription price. Maybe even have it a time exclusive thing (like remainder of 2024).
Yeah, they would have to find a way to keep ppl from easily moving in and out.. so price, for 90 or 180 days minimum, or can only cancel and restart once every 12 months.. something like that. Otherwise, it’s just here and there, and not modelable FBI

I'm happy you are!

On the upshot, at least management is aware of the optics of a (presumably) miserable earnings call. Oh, and I get to try FSD in shi[f]ty rain today, likely mixed with a few tree limbs and maybe even a boulder or two... all in the search of caffeine and chiropractor.
Honestly, if you drive 61 in the rain or night on FSD you’re braver than I am. Or even just 378 on Maui in the dark. I can’t imagine it.

I'm happy you are!

On the upshot, at least management is aware of the optics of a (presumably) miserable earnings call. Oh, and I get to try FSD in shi[f]ty rain today, likely mixed with a few tree limbs and maybe even a boulder or two... all in the search of caffeine and chiropractor.
The per mile plan that you mentioned still seems like the best plan but I saw this strategy mentioned on Twitter which also seems pretty good

$149/month - No Contract
$129/month - 6 Month Contract
$99/month - 12 Month Contract

Reactions: tivoboy
🤡 🤡 🤡

Buy Mobileye Stock, Analysts Say. Its Self-Driving Products Are Unrivaled. — Barrons.com​

Apr 12, 202411:56 EDT

By Emily Dattilo

Mobileye Global's autonomous driving technology is unmatched, and investors are missing out, Wolfe Research said in a note upgrading the stock Friday.

Analysts led by Shreyas Patil upgraded shares of the autonomous-driving systems company to Outperform from Peer Perform and established a target for the price of $41 in a research report Friday. The stock has fallen 28% so far this year to trade around $31.

To put it simply, the analysts don't see any self-driving competition that comes close to what Mobileye is bringing to the market, across a number of metrics.

"At this point we do not see a clear rival that can match Mobileye's capabilities in cost, performance, or scalability," they wrote.

That will become more apparent over the next six to 12 months as more car equipment manufacturers sign up to use the system, the analysts added. Mobileye's "hands-free/eyes-on" SuperVision system is similar to Tesla's full self-driving offering, and its "hands-off/eyes-off" system, Chauffeur, will launch in late 2025.

The Wolfe team had downgraded the stock to the equivalent of neutral back in January. At the time, the analysts said inventory challenges put 2024 earnings estimates at risk, and they warned Wall Street might have to lower their volume estimates for SuperVision-based vehicles in 2026, because the company's original forecast of 1.2 million seemed tough to meet.

The Wolfe team sees a much different story now. The company's inventory issues are settling, and Wall Street per-share earnings estimates for 2024 and 2026 have declined, making them more achievable, the Wolfe team said.

Despite the better outlook, however, Mobileye shares have slumped this year, and there is still a high percentage of bearish bets on the stock.

"We don't believe that the Street fully appreciates the strength of Mobileye's competitive position," the analysts wrote.

About 24% of Mobileye stock available for trading is sold short, compared with an average of 2.5% for a stock in the S&P 500. In a short sale, investors borrow stock they don't own and then sell it, in a bet that the stock will decline so they can buy it back later at a lower price.

In January, the company said it expects a 50% drop in revenue in the first quarter thanks to excess inventory of its computer chips. Investors won't have to wait long to see — first-quarter results are scheduled for April 25.

In late morning trading Friday, Mobileye shares were down 0.2% to $31.36, while the S&P 500 slid 1.1%

Write to Emily Dattilo at [email protected]

This content was created by Barron's, which is operated by Dow Jones & Co. Barron's is published independently from Dow Jones Newswires and The Wall Street Journal.