Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So TSLA is going to test $160 again today?
nope, but could be a nice opportunity to place an extra put and buy LEAPS. I am slowly turning into nothing more than a hunch of things getting more positive around the corner, and most likely will wait out retalliations on retalliations (who began no more being relevant after a few "innings"...).
Much worse after that AND oilprice going through the roof it will not get as I see it. Unless China is ready to (try to)take Taiwan (which it is not by far IMO)

nope, but could be a nice opportunity to place an extra put and buy LEAPS. I am slowly turning into nothing more than a hunch of things getting more positive around the corner, and most likely will wait out retalliations on retalliations (who began no more being relevant after a few "innings"...).
Much worse after that AND oilprice going through the roof it will not get as I see it. Unless China is ready to (try to)take Taiwan (which it is not by far IMO)
But if oil up=general costs/inflation up=economy down=less ppl to buy Tesla cars=lower EPS?

So TSLA is going to test $160 again today?
🙄
I'm still astonished it's above $150...

Current narrative - true or not is extremely bearish:
- poor margins
- lower deliveries yoy
- +50k more production thanks deliveries, contrary to Tesla's "production issues" statement
- compact car on hold in favour of FSD, which no-one outside the core community really believes in
- CyberTruck production scaled-down
- massive lay-offs rumoured
- EV's out of fashion in the USA and stalled in the EU
- war and pestilence
- delay on Mexico GF
- Elon...

Against that:
- FSD almost ready
- "reveal" of something in 4 months from now
- Elon pumping the stock at every opportunity
- India

Others I can't remember...

Is Baglino out? His Tesla badge on X is gone and he isn't following Elon anymore

Ashok's and Rohan's badges are gone too.. But not Lars' or Franz's. Hopefully just a bug
Someone mentioned that when a biography is updated the badge goes away and comes back after a few days. But odd that it is on several accounts at once. Perhaps a bug indeed.

His title is still there:

1713186747898.png

Reactions: Max Plaid

- poor margins
- lower deliveries yoy
- +50k more production thanks deliveries, contrary to Tesla's "production issues" statement
- compact car on hold in favour of FSD, which no-one outside the core community really believes in
- war and pestilence
- delay on Mexico GF
- Elon...

Against that:
- FSD almost ready
- India

You and me both!

But I think it needs some more time to digest. At the very least there is very little risk of it rocketing back above 200. Elon is bringing out every pump he can think of, FSD trials before taking delivery, FSD $99 subs his desperate to shift the narrative away from selling cars and margin.

Reactions: MikeC and Max Plaid

- poor margins
- lower deliveries yoy
- war and pestilence
- delay on Mexico GF
- Elon...

Against that:
- FSD almost ready
- India

I'm with Mr Plaid on this take. I sold 165 calls for this week at 5.70 this morning. I was thinking of buying July 140 puts, but at 5.75, it seems a bit rich, I'm better off selling more aggressive calls, for my risk preferences anyhow. The layoff thing would be definitely a bad sign. When fortune 500 lays off, it is to maintain an edge and clear out unneeded process, as much as people. When a mfr does it against the backdrop of bulging inventories, it is to address demand problems. TSLA is priced for 25% YOY growth and if the risk of 25% has grown over the last 3 months (I'd say yes), the discount to future earnings will go up. Elon seems to have taken his eye off the ball, key talent has left (normal perhaps) and competitors (Volvo, BYD) have products in the sweet spot of the market.