Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we bottomed. NFA. Wrong if under 139.

Can you reconcile your comment above with this comment you made yesterday in regard to the Say questions? Thanks.

"I see 3 huge red candles in our future."

Can you reconcile your comment above with this comment you made yesterday in regard to the Say questions? Thanks.

"I see 3 huge red candles in our future."

It was a joke. Or is it? Anything can happen in the AH. Bottom line is it was a joke

Wow.....

Guess you ready to load those 10K shares if it hit.... win win both way right?
Nope, not buying TSLA at $140 -> $89 maybe, but TBH I'd be happier with 100x Dec 2026 LEAPS if it came to that, that's pretty much the same as holding the stock for a few years at a bg discount - TBH, I'm more interested in selling weeklies against them than investing, I might be dead before TSLA gets back to ATH

No, I sold 100x -c150's for the same expiry and hold 100x July +p150's, if it drops below 140 I may well sell off the +p150's. Might end up leaving money on the table doing that, but the puts will be +200%, along with the calls would be a big pay-day...

And then I'll flip to safer strikes, honest, would reload puts on any decent DCB

Trouble I have is this famous "gap fill", if that's what they're after then closing long puts anywhere around 140 is the best thing to do, but in reality I think Tesla has lost their way right now and TSLA would be trading much lower

So I'm somewhat conflicted on the matter - maybe the close 50% approach is best...

As fo SMCI, appears the sell-off is because no preliminary guidance has been given in the earnings date announcement; do folks are assuming it's bad

Glad I'm selling against -LEAPS, would be very unpleasant if they were CSP's...

Last edited:
too soon.

220, 180, 160, 145...

1713537346110.png

Nope, not buying TSLA at $140 -> $89 maybe, but TBH I'd be happier with 100x Dec 2026 LEAPS if it came to that, that's pretty much the same as holding the stock for a few years at a bg discount - TBH, I'm more interested in selling weeklies against them than investing, I might be dead before TSLA gets back to ATH

No, I sold 100x -c150's for the same expiry and hold 100x July +p150's, if it drops below 140 I may well sell off the +p150's. Might end up leaving money on the table doing that, but the puts will be +200%, along with the calls would be a big pay-day...

And then I'll flip to safer strikes, honest, would reload puts on any decent DCB

Trouble I have is this famous "gap fill", if that's what they're after then closing long puts anywhere around 140 is the best thing to do, but in reality I think Tesla has lost their way right now and TSLA would be trading much lower

So I'm somewhat conflicted on the matter - maybe the close 50% approach is best...

As fo SMCI, appears the sell-off is because no preliminary guidance has been given in the earnings date announcement; do folks are assuming it's bad

Glad I'm selling against -LEAPS, would be very unpleasant if they were CSP's...

Your 50% would be different than mine; good discipline but seems arbitrary. I'm with you in believing TSLA will trade lower post ER than current level. Would love your thought on "gap fill" at ~$136 and ~$116 levels. I'm leaning toward switching from short to long at ~$136.

I probably won't do it, or on a small scale, but wondering if next week is ripe for an iron condor, which is a strangle and a straddle at the same time. With wild card Elon in play, next week could swing more than an average earnings. You could sell tight calls and puts and buy puts and calls further out in case of a big swing. I haven't done any math on it yet. Maybe just buying some way OTM puts is the best insurance for anyone still holding underlying shares.

WOW. The QQQ are down about 5% this week. A rebound next week and a better than expected ER could mean 🚀

Macro been in the red for 5-6 days in a row. We are due for a green day anytime now. What follow will depend on ERs and the news.
I know I called bottoms unsuccessfully at 220 and 171, but this here is the last stand. This 100 monthly EMA did not fail us in 2019 and 2022. If we can't hold this line, I'm still trying to find words to describe how bad it's going to be.

View attachment 1039952…….a crash….?

Reactions: BornToFly
I probably won't do it, or on a small scale, but wondering if next week is ripe for an iron condor, which is a strangle and a straddle at the same time. With wild card Elon in play, next week could swing more than an average earnings. You could sell tight calls and puts and buy puts and calls further out in case of a big swing. I haven't done any math on it yet. Maybe just buying some way OTM puts is the best insurance for anyone still holding underlying shares.
You know who’s done this math, @Yoona.. I’m certain and if history is any indication she sees what I see.. putting an IC in will probably be highly successful for next week. There’s going to be a move, but it will be range bound - which is in IC 101 for target opportunities.