Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the price can stick through open, I may just bite the bullet, shutdown the two spreads, move on with extreme caution. If you have a minute, please post an SMCI Vanna ... I loaded up the chain from CBOE , appears dealers can take it to 650 or 750 equally.
1713792636662.png

Stupid move to close Jan 25 250 CCs last Fri (too many changes over weekend, most seem to be negative ...) [Should have taken loss on the puts and kept the CC's ]
.. rectified by selling jan 26 380 for 6.30

.. my exit was/is $300 in personal ..18K cash.. so I can wait one more year :) ... sold 5 Aug 16 PUTS for like $3.91 each ..assignment is an option

Last edited:
Looking for a nice entry for an earnings play, but after the carnage of the last few trading days it feels as if there isn't much opportunity left. We could ofcourse drop a lot more, but if Tesla/Elon pulls a surprise out of the hat we could bounce hard. So I don't feel very comfortable selling calls or puts. But buying them also doesn't look very appealing with the high premiums.

Thank you! Got out of the +730p/-830p at the worst price possible, watched SP touch 728 or so to quickly deflate back to 701... going to hold onto 4/26 +685p/-785p , will roll these as they have lots of extrinsic. I was tempted to open a call spread with sold side north of 810 but decided that I'm not willing to get wiped out chasing my tail. I also should only open 2-3DTE but that too became a mess last week. Careful out there !

Thank you! Got out of the +730p/-830p at the worst price possible, watched SP touch 728 or so to quickly deflate back to 701... going to hold onto 4/26 +685p/-785p , will roll these as they have lots of extrinsic. I was tempted to open a call spread with sold side north of 810 but decided that I'm not willing to get wiped out chasing my tail. I also should only open 2-3DTE but that too became a mess last week. Careful out there !
another option if there is room is to just sell all the +p and be done with the stress

STO SMCI 5/3 CC 695 $7100 per contract, net $6600 if assigned

i don't care if stock drops coz of 5/24 700 gamma