Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am also bearish, expecting a visit to low 160s (happy to be wrong!)

Wow. Can you please share what timeframe you have in mind and what you're seeing? Is it the -GEX next week and re-appearance of puts on 5/31?

1714569079364.png

Last edited:

Xpeng Boss Welcomes Tesla's FSD China Entry With 'Open Arms,' Sees It Driving 'Entire Industry Forward'​

May 1, 202407:47 EDT

XPeng Inc‘s XPEV CEO on Monday welcomed Tesla Inc‘s TSLA full self-driving (FSD) driver assistance software to China despite the significant competition between the two players in the East Asian country.

What Happened: “I genuinely welcome this development with open arms,” Xiaopeng He wrote on Linkedin. “The next decade is set to be an era for ‘Smart EVs’, largely propelled by the implementation of AI large models.”

Large AI models should enable the implementation of autonomous driving in at least three years, he said.

“Tesla, known for its robust autonomous driving technology and strong brand presence, helps set a high standard. The introduction of top-tier products and technologies like this not only enriches customer experiences but also drives the entire industry forward,” the CEO wrote.

Why It Matters: XPeng has its own advanced driver assistance system aimed at vehicle autonomy called XNGP (Navigation Guided Pilot).

Last week, the CEO said in another LinkedIn post that the company has been testing the system on European roads.

“Our team’s NGP testing on German highways has shown great promise – we are happy to share that XNGP’s exceptional capabilities are nearly road-ready for Europe!,” he wrote while adding that it is already available in 259 cities in China.

On Monday, it was reported that Tesla has partnered with Beijing-based internet company Baidu Inc for lane-level mapping and navigation data for China and was deemed in compliance with China’s data security requirements by a Chinese auto association, marking a significant stride towards the deployment of its full self-driving (FSD) driver assistance software in the world’s largest EV market.

Being the Master Trader that I am, this morning I had rolled up my -170P to -180P to snatch another dollar. Of course, they may now end up $10 ITM. At least I didn't close my -190CCs.... 🤦‍♂️
reminds me of yesterday closing $MSTR +P 1330 on open, happy with a whopping $16 dollars gain, now seeing it for more than $200 extra gain, but ok, I at least got a nice profit (and the day before as well on closing $MSTR +C for $35 dollars gain.) But at least I am getting the hang of it instead of constantly being afraid of losing a lot. I just follow BTC and decide what to do on $MSTR, much easier than guessing $TSLA (that I now only hold long, because whatever happens we will crawl out of this dungeon (fundamentally OK and anything like licensing FSD to a big OEM or BYD can happen tomorrow and boost it beyond any level you guessed the day before.)

Reactions: MikeC and dc_h
reminds me of yesterday closing $MSTR +P 1330 on open, happy with a whopping $16 dollars gain, now seeing it for more than $200 extra gain, but ok, I at least got a nice profit (and the day before as well on closing $MSTR +C for $35 dollars gain.) But at least I am getting the hang of it instead of constantly being afraid of losing a lot. I just follow BTC and decide what to do on $MSTR, much easier than guessing $TSLA (that I now only hold long, because whatever happens we will crawl out of this dungeon (fundamentally OK and anything like licensing FSD to a big OEM or BYD can happen tomorrow and boost it beyond any level you guessed the day before.)
I did the same, closed BCS at a nice profit. Later in the day I credit rolled BPS to 5/10 +p850/-p950 , 5/3 +p890/-p990 was too close. Looking out a few weeks,.may have to move these again. If you would,.please share insight as to how BTC helps you decide which side to play.

Reactions: UncaNed
I can do another 100X CC for this week, but trying to wait until FOMC and Powell. Obviously I lose income by waiting, but if he causes a 5-10% spike I don't want to get run over.
I thinks it's a near certainty that rates will be held, but can you never know what tone he's going to use in the speech and the Q&A. Previous time he was very dovish, but seems to me that inflation indicators have crept back up since then, so you have thought a more hard line would be taken this time 🤷‍♂️

OK, BTO 100x Jan 2025 +p150 @$13.9, of course the moment it hits the SP keeps rising, as always 😂

Cash depleted, but available cash (=margin- now 2x what is was, so not al bad news

Why buy these when I already hold July +p150's? Because then I can be aggressive selling weekly -pATM's until the July expire, which I'm using to help close out the -c175's that went horribly ITM earlier this week

$1 per week until January makes +200% on those

Reactions: DaBooster

S&P Says Tesla 'BBB' Ratings Affirmed Despite Pressure On Margins and Cash Flows Outlook Stable​

May 1, 202410:40 EDT
  • S&P - TESLA INC. 'BBB' RATINGS AFFIRMED DESPITE PRESSURE ON MARGINS AND CASH FLOWS; OUTLOOK STABLE
  • S&P - EXPECT TESLA INC. TO MAINTAIN AN ADEQUATE RATINGS CUSHION RELATIVE TO INVESTMENT-GRADE PEERS IN 2024 AND 2025
  • S&P - TESLA WILL MAINTAIN LOW DEBT

OK, BTO 100x Jan 2025 +p150 @$13.9, of course the moment it hits the SP keeps rising, as always 😂

Cash depleted, but available cash (=margin- now 2x what is was, so not al bad news

Why buy these when I already hold July +p150's? Because then I can be aggressive selling weekly -pATM's until the July expire, which I'm using to help close out the -c175's that went horribly ITM earlier this week

$1 per week until January makes +200% on those
You must do this better than me. I tried this before, and it works if the SP stays close to the +150P. If the SP is at 190, and you do $1/week, and they go $10 ITM, you have a hard time rolling down to 150 and make the $13 back. What am I doing wrong?

You must do this better than me. I tried this before, and it works if the SP stays close to the +150P. If the SP is at 190, and you do $1/week, and they go $10 ITM, you have a hard time rolling down to 150 and make the $13 back. What am I doing wrong?
$1 per week is quite a distance from ATM, in 95% of situations you can roll those down before they go ITM

If the SP pops up then 50c per week is also acceptable

Right now I'm more concerned with a drop back down rather than up, I have lots of upside cover, but felt a bit naked on the downside