Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oof? My dentist said that once... Now I know what my dentist and I mean when we say Oof... What do you mean when you say Oof... in this context???
TIA

Way more puts than calls=down pressure

Yesterday I noticed dealer deltas were turning bearish (red bars) but didn't see this big a drop.

1715175808873.png

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
@Jim Holder - would be great if you put a few lines of explanation with the charts you post... not only do I struggle to interpret what I see, I can't actually read half of it in the first place 😬

"My legs are grey, my ears are gnarled, my eyes are old and bent..."

So, waited, waited, waited and STO 100x 5/17 -C180 @$2.6 -> who knows if it goes up or down from here, but although I would have preferred -c185's, it's repositioning in the right dfirection

Now to deal with this week's -p180's, there is a free roll down to -177.50 next week, but still $1 extrinsic in play, maybe wait a bit, perhaps -p175 becomes a possibility later in the week

Toying with a straight roll to -p180 against form a straddle, on one hand this is a FUD induced drop today, on the other, the fundamentals aren't exactly sparkling right now either...

Closed NVDA PUTS etc(net neutral), got me 600 shares of TSLA ... 6 JUN 24 PUTS STO for $3.30 to go along ..

my CC piggy bank is net positive once again ;)

+(3100 shares in CC piggy bank ... now I can sacrifice my 3000 shares in personal any time ;) - should have done it 2 yrs ago .. but now time will come ... gonna be a bit aggressive with the personal CC's :)

Last edited:
if CC income is too low, another option is to try the Stock Repair Strategy

View attachment 856136

buy +c x1 and sell -c x2, this lowers the cost basis to the -c's strike
it worked!

i had SMCI B/W stuck at 901.66 pre-earnings

instead of weekly -c905 CC and wait forever for sp to rise, i did a 1:2 Call Ratio Spread aka Stock Repair Strategy aka CC + Bull Call Spread

+c835 x1 and -c870 x2 reduced my breakeven from 901.66 into 865

rinse/repeat and i'm out with no capital loss since there is large initial credit every week

1715180956843.png

it worked!

instead of weekly -c905 CC and wait forever for sp to rise, i did a 1:2 Call Ratio Spread aka Stock Repair Strategy aka CC + Bull Call Spread

rinse/repeat and i'm out with no capital loss since there is large initial credit

View attachment 1045345

Congrat Yoona!!

Do you have a target for SMCI this week. Seem bullish.

Reactions: UncaNed
it worked!

rinse/repeat and i'm out with no capital loss since there is large initial credit every week

View attachment 1045346

I went through this a few times and not sure what the progression is that you have to make this work in a chain of events.

let's we bought SMCI at 900, so today would be:
1. buy 830 may 10 call and sell 2x 850 (anything more will result in debit) for $2 credit.

if SMCI is between $830-850, you collect on the long call.

If SMCI is 850, we gain $20 from the long call, that reduces CB to $880. Then roll 850 short call to next week at whatever OTM call is that gives credit/neutral when we buy another $850 long call?

Do this until credit collected is good enough to let the shares go at breakeven?

What if SMCI takes off and the $850 short call becomes DITM that a roll is not generating income to offset the purchase of the long call?

Last edited:
I went through this a few times and not sure what the progression is that you have to make this work in a chain of events.

let's we bought SMCI at 900, so today would be:
1. buy 830 may 10 call and sell 2x 850 (anything more will result in debit) for $2 credit.

if SMCI is between $830-850, you collect on the long call.

If SMCI is 850, we gain $20 from the long call, that reduces CB to $880. Then roll 850 short call to next week at whatever OTM call is that gives credit/neutral when we buy another $850 long call?

Do this until credit collected is good enough to let the shares go at breakeven?
you don't decide -c based on credit or debit, it has to be the halfway point

right now sp is 830, so halfway is (900-830)/2=35

that means +c830x1 and -c865x2

if that is a debit, look for the next expiration (ie next week or so)

looking at the 5/17 chain, you break even at 865 (and even make a capped profit)

as long as sp is below the halfway (ie stock refuses to climb), a+b will gradually eat away the unrealized loss until you finally break even

1715189224180.png

Last edited: