Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry and Dashcam not working.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I have a Tesla Model 3 long range. It is no longer recording dashcam and sentry isn't working. I have noticed it has done this since the latest update. Any ideas on how to fix this please.
Have you tried formatting the USB flash drive from the settings? You can also try unplugging the flash drive and plugging back in to make sure it has a good connection. Finally, have you done a reboot of the infotainment screen?

Reactions: XPsionic
1678280349771.png

Press the car button lower left and then tap the Record button. If everything is working like in the picture, you'll get a red dot and it'll change to RecordING. If not, no red dot and it just says "Record". At which point, look at the top of your screen for any exclamations or error icons. If there is a USB drive error it usually has an icon up there and you can tap it to see what it is complaining about.

Mike

• Informative
Reactions: Sporty
2023.2.12 with the same issue. I don't think it's a drive or formatting issue. I suspect a bug is back. This happened last year after an update and it turned out there was a memory optimization issue that prevented the usb drive mounting process. Same behavior. Removing and reinserting the drive fixes it for a short period before it goes back to showing the dreaded X. I expect that this will be resolved in a future update.

I'm on 2023.2.12 when I took the picture above. I've been on several trips and noticed no issue: both dashcam and sentry mode have been working as expected and I've been using them as recently as yesterday. On my first drive after 2023.2.12, I did have issues with my two repeater cameras: black camera frame with circle hourglass when using the turn signal or turning on the cameras. That lasted for about 5 minutes of driving and after that, it went away and I have not had any other problems. I thought about rebooting it but ended up not needing to after the camera finally started behaving so I left it alone.

My point is, if that's a glitch where the cameras are acting up, it could certainly cause dashcam to not record (and hence sentry to fail copying files).

Mike

2023.2.12 with the same issue. I don't think it's a drive or formatting issue. I suspect a bug is back. This happened last year after an update and it turned out there was a memory optimization issue that prevented the usb drive mounting process. Same behavior. Removing and reinserting the drive fixes it for a short period before it goes back to showing the dreaded X. I expect that this will be resolved in a future update.
Update: As I searched around it seemed that not many people were having this issue. That lead me to believe that this may not be a software bug. I finally realized that the error was on my end. I thought that my drive had plenty of space on it, but it turns out it was full. Not sure why it didn't just warn me as there is a full drive notification normally. Deleting the files fixed the issue.

Hi I have a Tesla Model 3 long range. It is no longer recording dashcam and sentry isn't working. I have noticed it has done this since the latest update. Any ideas on how to fix this please.
I'm here because my Model 3 got the rear right passenger door keyed. I pulled out my drive to look at recordings and all recordings stopped on Feb 13, 2023 which is when an update was applied.
I assume I am pooched but wanted to share with other owners to go check to ensure your sentry is recording after the update.
Now I need to get my door repainted.... :-(