Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Auto Delete

SDRick

Jun 25, 2015
SD CA United States
I thought I read that one of the recent updates will now automatically delete old Sentry files instead of missing recordings because the drive is full.

Can anyone verify?

SoCal Buzz

Early Adopter
Supporting Member
Oct 9, 2018
Orange County, CA, USA
I’m on 32.2.2 and when drive was full I got a new type of alert for the first time. Red circle with ! on top edge of screen. Pressing explained that recording was not possible until drive space was made available.

So no auto-delete that I know of, but nice to get proactive alert.

SDRick

Jun 25, 2015
SD CA United States
I’m on 32.2.2 and when drive was full I got a new type of alert for the first time. Red circle with ! on top edge of screen. Pressing explained that recording was not possible until drive space was made available.

So no auto-delete that I know of, but nice to get proactive alert.

That certainly is a positive step so at least you know when to remove the drive and delete old files to clear space! It would be a shame to a recording when you really needed it because you did not know the drive was full.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC