Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry geo-loc- "At Work"/"At Home"...How large of a radius is that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if anyone knows how big the geo-location exclusion radius/diameter is? My "work" address is pretty big (easily 7.5M ft^2). I've checked the box to disable Sentry at home and work. The car is sitting in the parking lot now, I'm wondering if it knows I'm at work, or if it thinks I'm not at work....

I don't know how big the radius is, but it's not big enough for my case. I work on what is essentially a campus that has only one street address. Unfortunately, I park just about as afar away as you can and still be on campus. Sentry mode gives me a report every afternoon, as I get in my car to go home.

That just got me thinking, though. I'm right near the border of our campus. Maybe there's another address that is closer and would work. The main problem there, is that next door is another similar campus-like place. I don't know if it has recognized internal street addresses. Something to check, though.

if you are using teslafi, you can also use teslafi to automate this. you can set the home and work location(s), and other locations which you want excluded from sentry. you can manually set the radius for each location, and you can customise how long the car should wait before enabling sentry mode. It really works like a charm unless you like to sit in the car after arriving at your destination (i have the delay at 5 minutes, and had sentry mode activate on me while i was still sitting in the car, laking a phonecall, and it triggered the alarm state)