Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Alarm needs to not be audio-triggered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some jerk in the parking garage that I park at has figured out if he revs his pickup truck engine next to my Model 3, the sentry mode will go off and trigger an alarm.

Ever since then, when he drives by my car on his way to parking, his engine makes a loud noise and I have to go downstairs to make sure my car is ok. I am convinced it is deliberate at this point since it has happened four days in a row.

Slightly comical, mostly annoying. Nobody should have to worry about their alarm going off from a noise. Thoughts?

Some jerk in the parking garage that I park at has figured out if he revs his pickup truck engine next to my Model 3, the sentry mode will go off and trigger an alarm.

Ever since then, when he drives by my car on his way to parking, his engine makes a loud noise and I have to go downstairs to make sure my car is ok. I am convinced it is deliberate at this point since it has happened four days in a row.

Slightly comical, mostly annoying. Nobody should have to worry about their alarm going off from a noise. Thoughts?

That does sound annoying. Is it based on noise though or is it the loud exhaust causing enough vibration to set off motion sensors? I've had aftermarket exhaust systems that would do that easily in parking garages as I'd give it a little gas. The sound just bounced off of all the surface areas and would wreak havoc on alarms.

That does sound annoying. Is it based on noise though or is it the loud exhaust causing enough vibration to set off motion sensors? I've had aftermarket exhaust systems that would do that easily in parking garages as I'd give it a little gas. The sound just bounced off of all the surface areas and would wreak havoc on alarms.

I would also think it’s the vibration.
Chat with the lad and let him know it’s getting old now. :)

Reactions: calidreamz808

I guess I have no way of knowing since there is no audio in the video. I do know he accelerates though because I can see it in the side camera. I get into work at 6am and he normally sets off my alarm around 8:30am so I would have to leave a note, and his car is extra douchey and I dont really want to inspire any more aggression on his part.

Well I wouldn’t park the car where there may be any motorcycles. Loud exhaust sets off the alarm. Maybe park somewhere else or shut Sentry off. All car alarms get set off by loud exhaust. How about the person with the load bass tha you hear from blocks away.

Well I wouldn’t park the car where there may be any motorcycles. Loud exhaust sets off the alarm. Maybe park somewhere else or shut Sentry off. All car alarms get set off by loud exhaust. How about the person with the load bass tha you hear from blocks away.

I don't really have an option of where I park, it's the only garage that my work has access to.

Deactivate sentry mode from the app around 8am. Do this for a week or so. He may realize he is no longer setting off your alarm as he drives by and since it no longer offers him a thrill, he might decide to discontinue revving his engine while driving by.

Good idea temporarily disabling Sentry. It's kind of a pain to worry about every day but its the best plan so far!

Reactions: calidreamz808
It's by proximity. If they drive close enough to trigger the ultrasonic sensors on the front/back/side of the car with Sentry on, it will record.

I had 30 events during a night market where cars trolled for parking spaces. No one came close to the car on either side.

It's by proximity. If they drive close enough to trigger the ultrasonic sensors on the front/back/side of the car with Sentry on, it will record.

I had 30 events during a night market where cars trolled for parking spaces. No one came close to the car on either side.

The OP mentioned that his alarm was going off, so this wasn't just sentry recording someone tripping the proximity.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Hmm, then the guy is trolling the OP for sure. What a dinkhole.

Yep, its not just an Sentry Mode event, its legit my alarm going off with flashing lights and honking horn. I'm sure the people of the garage are getting annoyed too, even though its not my fault. I wonder if other car alarms go off, but reviewing footage, I don't see any other cars with their lights flashing.

Yep, its not just an Sentry Mode event, its legit my alarm going off with flashing lights and honking horn. I'm sure the people of the garage are getting annoyed too, even though its not my fault. I wonder if other car alarms go off, but reviewing footage, I don't see any other cars with their lights flashing.

Complain to the parking management about it? Maybe they can revoke their parking privileges or threaten some sort of action if he continues to do this.

Reactions: Pkmmte and lupend88