Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode and Saving just the last 10 minutes?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a sentry mode event I am interested in because my car was dented and I wanted footage as evidence.

It captured 10 minutes of the car next to me and cuts off right as the person whose car dented mine walks up to their car. Why does it save the last 10 minutes and not something actually useful like the last 5 minutes and the next 5 minutes? I even tried some recovery software, specifically this branch: GitHub - mtrung/teslacam-recovery: Python script to help recover lost video from TeslaCam USB drives I couldn't recover footage of the person actually denting my car. I just know they did it because their car color matches the paint left on my car and it was recent. I noticed it a day later and the footage was lost from me driving for a day.

I'd argue that the things that happened after the sentry mode event are way more useful to preserve than the things that happened before. I've had a few dents on my car before sentry mode was a thing but now that I actually have it and want to use it, it's completely useless. This would be a very simple software change.