Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode false alarms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a few days ago, overnight parked at my Airbnb, sentry mode reported 79 events ……. And did not record a single one. Very puzzling.

And it happened again last night. We got home ….. getting settled in Airbnb ……… headlights flashed …….. nothing going on ……… so I disabled sentry mode.

But this morning, I found a recording of that event. Definitely a false alarm. Nothing going on.

Except ………. It was sprinkling at the time and the water running down the windshield definitely distorted the view out the front camera, producing a wavy effect.

With rain being the common denominator here, I’m wondering if rain can cause sentry to think it is seeing motion? Thereby producing a false event report?

Anybody else experience similar sentry behaviour?

I have so many dang issues with Sentry! I've had mobile techs come multiple times and it still hasn't been fixed. Either corrupt events completely where I cannot view them, or showing tons of events initially but then not recording or showing any in the list of events. Super frustrating!