Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Features Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 model S 100D with every software upgrade available. For some reason when in century mode the live dash cam option and option to view dash cam Clips is not available. Additionally, when in the app, the option to view saved clips is also unavailable. I have a properly formatted USB (256gb) plugged in, and the car shows that video clips have been recorded. It just doesn’t allow me any way of viewing them or the live dash cam feed. Can anyone help me trouble shoot this?

I have a 2017 model S 100D with every software upgrade available. For some reason when in century mode the live dash cam option and option to view dash cam Clips is not available. Additionally, when in the app, the option to view saved clips is also unavailable. I have a properly formatted USB (256gb) plugged in, and the car shows that video clips have been recorded. It just doesn’t allow me any way of viewing them or the live dash cam feed. Can anyone help me trouble shoot this?
You need to pay for the infotainment upgrade if you want sentry mode to actually record.

Even after that, live view through the app is not available for your car.

Upvote 0
You need to pay for the infotainment upgrade if you want sentry mode to actually record.

Even after that, live view through the app is not available for your car.
Ahh gotcha. Did live view start in a later model or is it just not available on the S? When I go to “upgrades” it tells me there are no additional upgrades available- like I’ve got them all…?

Upvote 0
Ahh gotcha. Did live view start in a later model or is it just not available on the S? When I go to “upgrades” it tells me there are no additional upgrades available- like I’ve got them all…?
MCU2 Retrofit isn't considered an upgrade (although it really is). You have to request it in service. I think it's well worth it, but note that you will lose AM/FM/XM radio. You can buy the new digital radio that restores FM/XM operation as part of the retrofit or anytime later for $500.

MCU2 appeared on the S/X in 1-March-2018.

Upvote 0
Correct, the MCU2 upgrade wont show as an "upgrade," but us available when you create a new service request and select "Upgrades & Accessories > Infotainment Upgrade." From there, let them know in the "describe concern" field if you want MCU2 with or without the digital radio tuner included. MCU1 used an analog radio tuner, and MCU2 uses a digital one that communicates with MCU2 via ethernet. Some vehicles had AM/FM/XM, and others just had AM/FM. The Radio Upgrade doesn't get AM, but would have FM/XM or just FM (depending on if you had XM previously). Just the MCU2 upgrade is currently $2,250 USD for AP2.0/AP2.5 vehicles or $1,750 for those with HW3. You may get quoted the $2,250 if you have FSD but are still on AP2.0/AP2.5, but should only have to pay $1,750 if you have FSD. The reason is FSD gets the HW3 upgrade free of charge, whereas other users have to pay for the autopilot computer. The original cost of the MCU2 upgrade was $2,500, and the Radio upgrade is an additional $500 USD.

Reactions: MattTGuy
Upvote 0
Another nice thing about the upgrade @Scott Smit is that they replace the main infotainment display, as well as the binnacle display with automotive grade LG LCDs that are not subject to the yellowing effect the old ones did. The new displays are super crisp, even though I believe the resolution is the same. The CPU in MCU1 was a NVidia Tegra 3, which was fine when MCU1 was designed, is completely underpowered for what is needed now. The Intel Atom CPU in MCU2 will seem quite a bit faster than the old unit.

Upvote 0