Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used Sentry Mode for the first time today and when I got back into the car I saw that there was 1 sentry mode event. I had a USB plugged in, presumably it was recording, but when I checked the USB later there was no data.

Did anyone have this happen? How to record data to USB? If I contacts Tesla, will they be able to check and let me know what they see?

Is the usb formatted correctly with a folder called TeslaCam in the root directory?

If no to any of the above then it won’t work. Sentry will happily work without a USB it will alert others with a. Flash of lights and on screen message but that’s it.

You need what I mentioned above to have it recorded, do you also have dashcam working if not then I suspect my first point is relevant to you assuming your on an AP 2 or above car

Is the usb formatted correctly with a folder called TeslaCam in the root directory?

If no to any of the above then it won’t work. Sentry will happily work without a USB it will alert others with a. Flash of lights and on screen message but that’s it.

You need what I mentioned above to have it recorded, do you also have dashcam working if not then I suspect my first point is relevant to you assuming your on an AP 2 or above car
Actually, AP2.5 or above for recording to take place.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva

I am not a techie, so not sure how to format it? Do you have any tips please?

I am on AP 2.5 as far as I know. Never looked into dash cam either. What is it?

I am not a techie, so not sure how to format it? Do you have any tips please?

I am on AP 2.5 as far as I know. Never looked into dash cam either. What is it?

Do a little searching here and there will be a wealth of information about how to format and setup the thumb drive (as well as get the most of your Tesla ). Google and Youtube is also your friend. And if needed, reach out to your nearest teen or techie to assist. Unfortunately Tesla doesn't make it as easy as we all hope for.

Here's a good thread:
[V9] How to Format USB into 2 Partitions for DashCam and Music [Windows]

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LoveMX