Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode not working well

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having Sentry Mode is great however I basically haven’t ever been able to use it to view videos in an effective manner. I specifically hit the Save button on Sunday afternoon to be able to view an incident later on. However in the Saved Clips folder on the USB Drive there are several 5/5/15 folders but none contain any files apparently. I have experienced this before not being able to view many of the files on the drive etc. I believe it is formatted properly and I did click the button to turn it off before I ejected the stick so not to corrupt any files. For instance, there are 20 folders in the SavedClips folder, and only 2 of them have any files in them. The other 18 contain exactly 0 files. Common experience or no? Very annoying.

That doesn't sound right. Have you tried clicking on the dashcam icon to download files? Do those show up? I'm not sure service will help you with this since it's a beta feature.

I occasionally get partial videos on the right or left repeater (probably 1 in 20 recordings) but most of the time the front camera works properly.

FYI, This isn’t Sentry Mode.
That is the DashCam.

Mine has worked every time. Only used it about 3 times though.

It can be a bit clumsy to use.

BTW when I used 3rd party app in Windows to make the Fat32 it was very unstable (corruption and the iCon would show a problem after a few days). When I used a Mac it worked perfect.

FYI, This isn’t Sentry Mode.
That is the DashCam.

Mine has worked every time. Only used it about 3 times though.

It can be a bit clumsy to use.

BTW when I used 3rd party app in Windows to make the Fat32 it was very unstable (corruption and the iCon would show a problem after a few days). When I used a Mac it worked perfect.

I realize that but Dashcam and Sentry store in the same folder and use the same cameras, so it's worth testing.