Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode refuses to turn on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tried turning it on via the app (with and without HD attached) and it only turned on once. It shows as enabled on the app but it never works. I never see the graphic on the display when near or touching the car.

I can even enable it via the display but still, fails to turn on when it's supposed to.

I just received my car two weeks ago so not sure if anyone else has ran into this.

Thanks!

I've tried turning it on via the app (with and without HD attached) and it only turned on once. It shows as enabled on the app but it never works. I never see the graphic on the display when near or touching the car.

I can even enable it via the display but still, fails to turn on when it's supposed to.

I just received my car two weeks ago so not sure if anyone else has ran into this.

Thanks!
Assuming you aren’t testing it where you have it excluded (home, work, favorites). Maybe check to see if any of those are checked just to see if that could be causing it.

I’ve also noticed sentry doesn’t seem to be working like it used to for me. Car is armed and returned to the screen saying 16 events when I got in the car today but the screen isn’t showing the recording warning when I walk around the car trying to get it to show up. That was a potential deterrent. I also don’t think the headlights flashed when I was walking around the car. Wonder if it’s a software bug.

I’ve also noticed sentry doesn’t seem to be working like it used to for me. Car is armed and returned to the screen saying 16 events when I got in the car today but the screen isn’t showing the recording warning when I walk around the car trying to get it to show up. That was a potential deterrent. I also don’t think the headlights flashed when I was walking around the car. Wonder if it’s a software bug.
Maybe cause it knows it’s you with the phone? Mine seems to behave like this as well now. Haven’t tested to be sure though.

I just reviewed my usb drive of some sentry events today and the headlights definitely flashed when it detected someone near the vehicle so it must be that it doesn’t react when the phone key is near like it used to. Can’t confirm if the screen still comes on or not.

So after updating to the recent v10.0, it appears to be working much better but like others here, I've noticed that it says "X events recorded..." but when reviewing the videos, at times it will only show a few and not the number it said.

Regardless, v10.0 update has fixed my main issue so not sure what others are seeing. Maybe HD issue, depending on what you're using as your hard drive source and/or reader?