Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I don't see the Camera Preview

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model 3 LR, EAP No FSD, SW Ver 2023.38.6, App is up to date, but I don't see the "New" feature Camera Preview under Service (Or anywhere else for that matter) in car or the App. I also don't get the grey dot for the Cabin Camera in the App when trying to view the Live Cameras as some have mentioned. I have sentry mode enabled. Is there some other "options" I need to turn on to activate the Camera Preview feature? I mean, it's not there at all (not even a greyed out choice). I tried searching the Forums but haven't found anything addressing this issue.

Another question, how do I determine the HW level . . .since it seems many posts mention their vehicles level.

Thank You for any help you can give.

Glen T - in SoCal

I have a 2018 Model 3 LR, EAP No FSD, SW Ver 2023.38.6, App is up to date, but I don't see the "New" feature Camera Preview under Service (Or anywhere else for that matter) in car or the App. I also don't get the grey dot for the Cabin Camera in the App when trying to view the Live Cameras as some have mentioned. I have sentry mode enabled. Is there some other "options" I need to turn on to activate the Camera Preview feature? I mean, it's not there at all (not even a greyed out choice). I tried searching the Forums but haven't found anything addressing this issue.

Another question, how do I determine the HW level . . .since it seems many posts mention their vehicles level.

Thank You for any help you can give.

Glen T - in SoCal
Sentry Mode can work without video recording. This won't help in your case.

Did you plug in a fast enough flash drive? And where do you plug it?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I can see all the cameras on my 2018 Model 3, but I do have HW 3. I didnt get the impression that this is what the OP was asking, though. Premium connectivity is required, if this is what the OP is talking about. I dont see it mentioned the OP has premium connectivity, or what version of the HW they have.

Based on the car having EAP and not FSD, I suspect the car has HW 2.5. What I dont know is if HW3 is required. I do know that premium connectivity is required.

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0
Sentry Mode can work without video recording. This won't help in your case.

Did you plug in a fast enough flash drive? And where do you plug it?
My flash drive is fast enough according to what it says on the casing but it's not a "Tesla" flash drive. I'll buy another one and see if that has any effect (affect - *sugar* I can never remember). Anyway, I do see Sentry and Dashcam recordings so I know it does record video. I just don't see anything having to do with Camera Preview anywhere on the car or the App. I do have Premium Activity as well, not so sure about the HW level. I purchased the car in Oct of 2018 if that is any help.

Thanks!

Upvote 0