Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in an area that gets frequent morning fog. I've noticed reviewing some of the Sentry Mode footage, that the early morning footage is literally foggy. My suggestion for Sentry mode is that if there's sufficient SoC, that the wipers periodically clear the windshield so the front camera can get a better image. Also, thankfully, I haven't had a serious incident yet. I know the "saved clips" folder saves any clips that triggered a Sentry Mode event, but it would be nice if there were categorization based on severity level. i.e. if there was blunt force used against the car (enough to trigger the music) or the door handle was lifted. Have these categorized as "Level 1" or "Severe" or "Major Incidents" or whatever.

Reactions: Haxster
I live in an area that gets frequent morning fog. I've noticed reviewing some of the Sentry Mode footage, that the early morning footage is literally foggy. My suggestion for Sentry mode is that if there's sufficient SoC, that the wipers periodically clear the windshield so the front camera can get a better image..

Good idea...unless, maybe, you have a car cover on. :eek:

It also might be nice if the other cameras had heaters that turned on when a foggy condition was detected.

Reactions: igotzzoom