Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a laugh I thought I’d leave sentry mode on today and tonight to see if any nefarious activities were to take place. Aside from the extensive battery drain I noticed that it is overly sensitive recording around 40GB of video in 12 hours.

I’m parked on-street on a fairly quiet road and it picked up every passing car, pedestrian and even window cleaners on a neighbouring street going up and down ladders (fortunately not breaking into people’s homes).

I switched it off a few minutes ago as I watched the headlights lights come on and HAL2000 come on screen as a neighbour walked by with his dog. It’s great if you can guarantee that no-one will walk past your car but surely it will piss someone off if every time someone walks by the lights comes on. I wouldn’t mind it if only HAL2000 popped up but I feel that if it’s activated whilst parked on-street it becomes more of an attention magnet. Maybe it will get some refinement down the line.