Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry notification window open and 2020.36 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and son took the car when they went for a hike. I get a sentry notification on my phone stating rear window is open. I went into the tesla app and closed it from the house. So cool.

Also 2020.36 is out. I just got it, it has traffic green light chime, speed sign recognition and cruise speed improvements. Just touch on cluster speedometer to set it. You can still use the speed limit box too.

Nevermind, I found the notes myself.
5F819003-41BE-4708-B41C-523B7BEA5D37.jpeg
573AC3F8-F2B9-4CC8-9856-66295B143296.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: bedoig and Matsayz
I just took it for a test run, on the way out, not so good was showing the same speed sign change behavior as before. It did not pick up two 25mph signs on different roads that were not obstructed at all. When I got to my destination I rebooted. Headed back home and it was showing 45 on a 25mph road, when I past the 25mph sign it still did not change, I pulled over, checked all the settings to see if there was something I needed to turn on, nope nothing there, and started out again. This time when I hit a speed sign it changed right at the sign. On another road it picked them right up at the sign and changed when previously it was 300 yards down the road at the telephone pole before it changed. It even did the 25mph on the street to the neighborhood, that would always be 35 on the screen. So be patient when you first use it, it may take yours a little while before it starts working correctly.

I just took it for a test run, on the way out, not so good was showing the same speed sign change behavior as before. It did not pick up two 25mph signs on different roads that were not obstructed at all. When I got to my destination I rebooted. Headed back home and it was showing 45 on a 25mph road, when I past the 25mph sign it still did not change, I pulled over, checked all the settings to see if there was something I needed to turn on, nope nothing there, and started out again. This time when I hit a speed sign it changed right at the sign. On another road it picked them right up at the sign and changed when previously it was 300 yards down the road at the telephone pole before it changed. It even did the 25mph on the street to the neighborhood, that would always be 35 on the screen. So be patient when you first use it, it may take yours a little while before it starts working correctly.
Thank you for the feedback. Please keep us updated.
I was pulled over for speeding in March, as I was over reliant on autopilot speed zones (4 hour drive). This update may resolve this in future.
I still haven’t received the official speeding ticket in the mail. Maybe I will be lucky enough that the lockdowns have caused the cops’ paperwork to be delayed to the point of being revoked

The question is, does it slow down to the speed limit now? Currently with AP and FW 33.3 it does display the speed sign but it doesn’t slow down to it.

Fred
Yes it automatically slows to the speed of the sign, except I have mine set to relative at +5mph. What I did notice the other day was it picked up the 45mph sign, went to the set speed after a while it dropped to 25mph, there was no sign anywhere. Further down the road a 35mph sign was posted and it immediately went to 35. I'm going to go run it again and see if I can recreate it and see if a 25mph sign is shown on the screen if it does it. I did go back on the two roads where it previously did not pick up the 25mph signs when I first used it, and it now does and adjusts the speed accordingly. So it appears to be working really well.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Yes it automatically slows to the speed of the sign, except I have mine set to relative at +5mph. What I did notice the other day was it picked up the 45mph sign, went to the set speed after a while it dropped to 25mph, there was no sign anywhere. Further down the road a 35mph sign was posted and it immediately went to 35. I'm going to go run it again and see if I can recreate it and see if a 25mph sign is shown on the screen if it does it. I did go back on the two roads where it previously did not pick up the 25mph signs when I first used it, and it now does and adjusts the speed accordingly. So it appears to be working really well.
Awesome! Thanks because when I head into town the speed limit goes from 65 to 45 fast, so currently I have to take over. Can’t wait tio get this update and try it out.

Fred