Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry recordings icon not showing up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
49647594-D54C-476F-AE1A-6D1EB8A6912B.jpeg
Anyone know if there’s another way to view the sentry mode recordings? The icon hasn’t been popping up anymore..

The sentry icon only shows up when car is in park, since it only works in park. When moving, you want the dash cam recording instead. Once you're parked, the sentry icon will show up. And if you want it to record, just click on it and a red dot would appear in the middle. If it records something, and you want to see it in the car, you need to launch the viewer from the dash cam icon menu. I bought our Tesla less than 2 weeks ago, so I'm learning too. Ha ha. Sometimes the issue is with the USB stick, so format it first, as mentioned. Good luck.

Reactions: lUtriaNt and Rmar93
The sentry icon only shows up when car is in park, since it only works in park. When moving, you want the dash cam recording instead. Once you're parked, the sentry icon will show up. And if you want it to record, just click on it and a red dot would appear in the middle. If it records something, and you want to see it in the car, you need to launch the viewer from the dash cam icon menu. I bought our Tesla less than 2 weeks ago, so I'm learning too. Ha ha. Sometimes the issue is with the USB stick, so format it first, as mentioned. Good luck.
I have the same problem, you are saying you should get dash cam viewer but it does not show up anymore ever since 2 or 3 update's ago. I had also lost the ability to use my memory card I would have to take out the chip and unplug the USB and plug it I had also lost the ability to use my memory card I would have to take out the chip and unplug the USB and plug it back in and then push in the memory chip it will keep telling me I had a fault with a USB port. This is how I got around it, now it seems to be OK after the latest update, hooray. But it still will not launch viewer menu,it used to. I know exactly what you're talking about but it doesn't show up anymore. Even when it states I have an incident on the screen I touch it but it doesn't do anything.

Reactions: Rmar93
I have the same problem, you are saying you should get dash cam viewer but it does not show up anymore ever since 2 or 3 update's ago. I had also lost the ability to use my memory card I would have to take out the chip and unplug the USB and plug it I had also lost the ability to use my memory card I would have to take out the chip and unplug the USB and plug it back in and then push in the memory chip it will keep telling me I had a fault with a USB port. This is how I got around it, now it seems to be OK after the latest update, hooray. But it still will not launch viewer menu,it used to. I know exactly what you're talking about but it doesn't show up anymore. Even when it states I have an incident on the screen I touch it but it doesn't do anything.
Sorry, my iMac has a mind of its own it keeps repeating after I send.

is there a specific maker of USB stick that you need to use in order for Sentry Mode to work or show up on the monitor?
Don't get one of those USB memory stick that you use with your computer.

Because of the heavy load when recording videos,
you need to get an High Endurance Video Micro SD Card
specifically designed for Dash Cam and Home Monitoring Systems.

Sorry, my iMac has a mind of its own it keeps repeating after I send.
Your wrote "Even when it states I have an incident on the screen I touch it but it doesn't do anything." I still have the same problem. In addition, when clips are shown, it displays only very short (half a second) clips or it shows a clip from another location...
How did you solve your problem?

I had the same issue when I changed the memory to a high endurance micro SD card. If you format the sd card with the onboard screen it will format but you need an extra folder name in the memory. I fixed this by going into my pc and adding a new folder named "TeslaCam", once I did that it worked.