Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order Date: Sept 30
Est Del Date: Nov 8 - Nov 28
Type: Model Y - Performance
Color: Red
Interior: White
Hitch: Yes
Seats: 5

No VIN Yet...
Received EDD about 2 days after order. Hasn't changed yet.

A Question for the group: After reading posts for the last few days it appears that Tesla makes these cars in batches based on color? I saw that someone indicated they were running red and blue right now. Is there a place to track this? (Read: How do we know what they're batching at the moment?)

Are all US deliveries still being made in Fremont?

I haven’t read that thread/post. But I ordered MYP white/white no tow on 9/25 and EDD came next day saying 10/31-11/20.. which is almost the same timeline as yours but different color. Also in CA

Reactions: Darrin.krein
Interesting news on my suddenly-early EDD jump: I went to the local Tesla dealership. SA's they looked at my account, and despite agreeing with me that my RN shows "October 08 - October 19", their own more detailed view still has estimates in December for me.

They found this surprising, and could not explain it. There's a chance what the web is showing me is bogus, and a chance someone happened to bail on my exact build so it jumped to me, but they can't see it.

$0.02 I'll keep you all updated.
Did you have a VIN when your dates jumped to October? Mine jumped to october 16-22 and I am showing a VIN. My guess is that someone bailed on my exact model.

Ok so I just refreshed my account few min ago and it shows Prepare for Delivery. Should I get excited? I don't see any VIN though.
I placed my order on 9/5 and changed it to color Red on 9/8. But also my trade in offer expired today and they asked me to enter new Odometer reading. Do you all this this Prepare for Delivery is because of that or there is something to get excited about?
unfortunately, nothing to be excited about; that's the waiting page. It should show you your EDD though.

I haven’t read that thread/post. But I ordered MYP white/white no tow on 9/25 and EDD came next day saying 10/31-11/20.. which is almost the same timeline as yours but different color. Also in CA
I ordered MYP Black Ext / White Int on 9/21 (SoCal area)…EDD changed 3 times in the past 2wks?! Original EDD was Oct26-Nov26, then Sep 26-28 (I was very excited), 2days after Oct10-Oct28 and now Nov1-Nov28. I stopped checking regularly! thnx.

Reactions: Luka816
I have a feeling that these far away EDDs are due to the 4680 cell ramp up. Tesla has always prioritized Model Y orders and within a few weeks they jumped months out. I wonder if people with a January and further EDD will be getting a 2022 Model Y from Texas with the 4680 cells.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Hey guys and ladies, how would we know when they start selling 2022 Model Ys? I’ve read some people say in Oct of every year they start selling the next year model, but can anybody confirm when 2022 models will be sold? I finally got an EDD of end of the year, literally, and I am hoping I get a 2022 model. Original order date was 9/14. I got a LR, everything standard except for the white interior.

Hi All, is there a rule of thumb on the EDD? I can't find it on the search now, but I thought I read somewhere that if your EDD is 30 days, it doesn't mean anything. Once it gets to 20 days, then you're pretty much locked in around those dates. Once it goes to 7 days, then you're getting in that window? Any validity to this or did I make this up.

Hey guys and ladies, how would we know when they start selling 2022 Model Ys? I’ve read some people say in Oct of every year they start selling the next year model, but can anybody confirm when 2022 models will be sold? I finally got an EDD of end of the year, literally, and I am hoping I get a 2022 model. Original order date was 9/14. I got a LR, everything standard except for the white interior.
As I understand it, we will know when the VINs start showing up with an N rather than an M in the 10th position.
I haven't seen any yet so they "appear" to be shipping 21s still.

People often post their VINs here in the forums when they show on the page.