Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 9/27/21 Model Y LR no FSD
Got my 8th EDD update today. EDD moved from 2/26-3/26 and is now 3/18-3/31, my first 2 week window.
Gotta wonder if Bots are making these EDD changes since mine occured sometime after 10pm Sunday night and 5am this morning. Cant be anyone working that late at night!
Looks like I should get it before end of quarter, that must be the goal. Who knows, maybe I'll get one of the Austin Y's with the 4680 battery's!
It's all good.

Reactions: last2ndshot
EDD moved this morning from 14 day window (3/3-3/17). Now 4/23-5/21. Frustrating!!!
Man. This is crazy unpredictable. We have TWIN orders (same config, same order completion date, same geographical region). Mine moved this morning from 3/4 - 3/18 to 3/12 - 3/31. I have a trip planned within the new EDD range; if the date holds, I might have to release the VIN. If that happens, you might get it 😂. Then again, you could get a VIN tomorrow. I've seen at least one instance of EDD moving out, immediately followed by a VIN. Fluid situation! Frustrating, indeed!

Maybe Tesla is making EOQ adjustments. It would stand to reason if they started allocating completed units to the west coast after a certain date to slide the deliveries in before end of quarter. One thing's certain; Austin will change everything! If current news is to be believed, orders after 3/31 are increasingly likely to receive a MY v2. 0.

Last edited:
Man. This is crazy unpredictable. We have TWIN orders (same config, same order completion date, same geographical region). Mine moved this morning from 3/4 - 3/18 to 3/12 - 3/31. I have a trip planned within the new EDD range; if the date holds, I might have to release the VIN. If that happens, you might get it 😂. Then again, you could get a VIN tomorrow. I've seen at least one instance of EDD moving out, immediately followed by a VIN. Fluid situation! Frustrating, indeed!

Maybe Tesla is making EOQ adjustments. It would stand to reason if they started allocating completed units to the west coast after a certain date to slide the deliveries in before end of quarter. One thing's certain; Austin will change everything! If current news is to be believed, orders after 3/31 are increasingly likely to receive a MY v2. 0.
I hope you’re right. VIN tomorrow would be nice!

I hope you’re right. I have a car to sell first and can’t proceed without a clearer delivery date. VIN tomorrow would be nice!

New EDD: April 3-May 1
I hope you’re right. I have a car to sell first and can’t proceed without a clearer delivery date. VIN tomorrow would be nice!
I hear you, B! The holding pattern is insane! I've got a trade-in on the books with Tesla, but I may decide to sell if the offer is good. Fortunately, VIN to delivery is longer to our area so there should be time to get it all done.

hi. i am interested. i am new here so i don't know how to privet message on this site
I don't know how to pm. And also don't know how to transfer the delivery.

I actually ended up with ordering a mini EV SE with 250$ down. But they will need 3+ months also.
I would keep 2 cars ordered for now and see which one can come to me earlier.

During this period, I will investigate how to transfer my order to other person. It seems doable but a little tricky.

Reactions: Mathnerd103