Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y ordered September, 2nd (changed design on September, 8th, so probably my real OD is 8th).
Long Range, 7 seats, White, White/Black interior, 19" wheels, no tow hitch.
Downsizing from MX - already sold, so hopefully waiting will not last beyond January.

While ordering estimated delivery shown was January (which year? :) ), now on actual order page it says nothing (looks like it's common for most new LR orders now).

Hope this helps people. I have been keeping a log of sorts on my blog but for those not following it here are the details.

Order Date 08/20/2021
Current Deliver Date Estimate: 09/14-09/28
Model Y Performance / Grey / White Interior / NO FSD / NO Tow
No VIN Yet

Model Y ordered September, 2nd (changed design on September, 8th, so probably my real OD is 8th).
Long Range, 7 seats, White, White/Black interior, 19" wheels, no tow hitch.
Downsizing from MX - already sold, so hopefully waiting will not last beyond January.

While ordering estimated delivery shown was January (which year? :) ), now on actual order page it says nothing (looks like it's common for most new LR orders now).
If you try to order again, it now shows February delivery for new MYLR orders. When I look at the excel sheet, I see a pattern of no activity from Tesla until 3 months.

I ordered a MYLR on Sept 6 and I got a delivery date of Sept 16. I will probably defer delivery as I was hoping for a January delivery honestly but it does show you never know if you'll get the car earlier for those of you who are looking to get a car sooner rather than later. I suspect it might be delivery center specific depending on what inventory they have coming in.

Reactions: ev_mtl
If you try to order again, it now shows February delivery for new MYLR orders. When I look at the excel sheet, I see a pattern of no activity from Tesla until 3 months.

Yes I know. It became February a day or so after I changed my order on 09/08. So I think initially it was more like "End of January".

After 90 days Tesla will give an update on the delivery date. It is unlikely many if any from September will get their MYLR before February. MYP is November.
I also have this feeling looking at the Excel. And if one add the Tesla usual quarter cycle pattern (first month of quarter - production for overseas, than start production of inventory for North America orders and matching them, last 5-6 weeks of quarter - delivery of North America orders), then I would say we are in for end of February - March delivery earliest. Unless something changes drastically (like ramp up of Austin factory) and they can squeeze September to Q4 production. But it is unlikely, as now they are delivering end of June, beginning of July orders mostly. All said above is for MYLR. MYP is in different (faster) queue.

Yes, we need to hunker down for a long wait. If not for the lower ground clearance for the MYP, puny height of the tire side wall and the wheel rim exposed I would have switched to an MYP in a heart beat. Oh well..
Same reasons for me. Lower ground clearance is not the best idea for Northern climates with a lot of snow. And performance wheels for our numerous road potholes - no way.

My EDD of Dec 22-Jan 11 disappeared 😭
If it means you're getting a Texas build, that might not be a bad thing.

I kind of laugh about not getting my car for another several months, or an EDD, but legit I am OK with it. As long as I get it say around February. I really, really would love to get the cast builds they're stockpiling at Austin. Getting a structural battery pack as well...IMO there is potential benefits to this happening for me.

I'm simply praying things go well at Giga Austin and that we see some new updates the product line when it happens. That will make the wait worth it for me.

I kind of laugh about not getting my car for another several months, or an EDD, but legit I am OK with it. As long as I get it say around February. I really, really would love to get the cast builds they're stockpiling at Austin. Getting a structural battery pack as well...IMO there is potential benefits to this happening for me.

I'm simply praying things go well at Giga Austin and that we see some new updates the product line when it happens. That will make the wait worth it for me.
Me too. I am in no hurry. In fact I would prefer my MYLR arrives after the Minnesota winter! I am using the time now to watch Youtube videos and read up here from Tesla owners. I am getting a quote for installation of a wall connector next week.

i can see that being a good thing for sure.. plus i wouldnt mind qualifying for the new EV tax credit if it goes through. (if the vehicle is "purchased" after 2022) and i just hope i get a Jan delivery date.. just want to drive my MY now :D