Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 9/12
MYLR
White/Black
20" Induction
5 seats
No FSD/tow

When ordering, EDD just said "February". Now it says nothing. Though, that isn't really a worry for me since it is replacing a leased Volvo that isn't being returned until 04/2022.

Going to be a long 5 months!

Ordered MYLR on Sept. 3
Silver/black
19"
5 seats
FSD/no tow

I don't have EDD on my account ever since the order got submitted. I requested one of text messages Tesla sent me to call me. Tesla called me the next day (16th). The person on the phone told me "we are updating our servers. You should see it by early next week". I still didn't see an EDD this week. I called the Tesla SC by Love Field. The woman on the call told me "We changed how we do EDDs now. We don't put them up on the website until it's solid". So...... I'm hoping Tesla is better at making cars than they are at lying?

Sorry to know many others are also joining us in the no EDD category. I think Tesla may have been receiving complaints from many about constantly changing EDD and decided not to have any EDD for MYLR until their Texas plant comes on line and also Berlin. There is just too much uncertainty for them to give any EDD until they reach steady state output. In my previous life I worked a decade at an automotive plant.

I emailed my SA yesterday and was hoping to find out if I was lucky enough to get a car during the EOQ push.
But he said, you just ordered your car in sept so we might not be able to match you in near future. I was so sad last evening.
:(
i ordered after you at 9/10 and got a edd of sept 23-30 first it was oct3-23 then changed to sept 20-30 now 23-30

myp white/white no fsd no tow

I'll post my updates for my MYP, Black/Black, No FSD/Tow
OD:9/6, EDD 9/17-9/30, 9/21-9/30, 9/24-9/30, No VIN
9/22 - Received a Text from SA to ask if Home Delivery OK..replied with OK...no date confirmed...still no VIN

MTLR, Blue, 5 seats, black interior, 20", Santa Barbara, CA

Ordered Sept 12, never got an EDD. Web was showing January estimate when I ordered.

I figure the politicians fight for a while and maybe give us a $7.5k federal tax credit by the time we get to January.

Having fun watching the chaos of end-of-Q3 push right now - can't imagine what it'll look like if everyone knows there's a huge difference between Dec 31 and Jan 1 next quarter.

Also watching progress at Giga Texas and the 4680 battery project. I'm guessing early volume will be too small to reach any of us on the west coast by Jan 22, but it's a nice dream to think of next-gen body castings and battery tech

MTLR, Blue, 5 seats, black interior, 20", Santa Barbara, CA

Ordered Sept 12, never got an EDD. Web was showing January estimate when I ordered.

I figure the politicians fight for a while and maybe give us a $7.5k federal tax credit by the time we get to January.

Having fun watching the chaos of end-of-Q3 push right now - can't imagine what it'll look like if everyone knows there's a huge difference between Dec 31 and Jan 1 next quarter.

Also watching progress at Giga Texas and the 4680 battery project. I'm guessing early volume will be too small to reach any of us on the west coast by Jan 22, but it's a nice dream to think of next-gen body castings and battery tech
Not sure the 4680 cells will come to the 3 and Y for a while. I may be wrong.

Reactions: Tabor
This is an anomaly. Someone cancelled their order with the same config and location as you so you got bumped up. This is a huge exception to the rule but awesome for you! Congrats!
Not sure the 4680 cells will come to the 3 and Y for a while. I may be wrong.
No chance they’re scaling up 4680 in 3 month. Very slim chance even in 6