Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I think I'm the only one who had a VIN assigned on 03/21 but still hasn't been scheduled for delivery. I reached out to Tesla yesterday via text and got a response back saying "I can see that your car is scheduled to be built soon". Does anyone know if they do actually have access to this info or was that just a generic response?

After nearly six months. My baby is home. Funny enough I got a text at 3:30 AM that my car was dropped off. And it parked in a guest spot at my apartment complex. Just finished inspection and found 3 minor scuffs that are getting fixed tomorrow. Overall it was super super easy and simple. Never once saw a person lol. Totally worth the wait ( it’s painful I know) but here are a few quick photos.
Oh and for those who care, yes it has the ryzen chip and heated wipers.

Attachments

• B2D3D4ED-8DE1-41E1-B83E-71318F59C4F6.jpeg
    B2D3D4ED-8DE1-41E1-B83E-71318F59C4F6.jpeg
    648.1 KB · Views: 71
  • BA49A53A-2BDA-4D63-9C68-3B88BC4C2357.jpeg
    BA49A53A-2BDA-4D63-9C68-3B88BC4C2357.jpeg
    738.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 58CBE95D-B3D1-4BA2-A09D-2C50DF2C13B4.jpeg
    58CBE95D-B3D1-4BA2-A09D-2C50DF2C13B4.jpeg
    732.2 KB · Views: 60
I have no words. Pushed out to Sep 9 - Nov 4. WTFFFFFF

MYLR, White/Black, 19", 7-seater, No FSD, No tow
Las Vegas
OD:9/30/21
EDD1: April
EDD2: June
EDD3: 9 Dec - 23 Dec
EDD4: June
EDD5: Feb 20 -Mar 20
EDD6: June 23 - July 21
EDD7: Feb 18 - Mar 18
EDD8: Feb 12 - Feb 25
EDD9: Feb 19 - Mar 5
EDD10: June
EDD11: July 23 - Aug 20
EDD12 (current): Sep 9 -Nov 4
I too had the Sep - Nov EDD, just changed to 13 Jun - 25 Jul. Better but still wish they would just tell me tell us all what and why things happen. I would rather not work on rumor and hearsay.

I ordered your exact car with a hitch on 9/30 and I still have a month to wait for it.

At one point I had dates of 3/22-3/31, then my trade in expired and I updated it that same day, BOOM 4/25-5/23.

I'm removing my trade in now after hearing this and it not looking like I will be getting it any time soon.
How does one remove trade in? Mine disappeared after the 30 day period it was valid...or are you saying you redid another trade in request after original expired....

Do you have financing or trade in? I haven't changed EDD for almost a month😘
No trade-in and cash sale. No holds or any changes since I submitted the info last Sept. 30th. I have had EDD;s as early as Feb. 2022 and now in the latest update extending into August. I may consider switching to a MY-P if that will move me delivery up to June, but I want to wait to see what's announced on April 7th related to MY ver. 2.0 production, both for Austin and any updates from Fremont.

Last edited:
How does one remove trade in? Mine disappeared after the 30 day period it was valid...or are you saying you redid another trade in request after original expired....
I requested via text to my SA, who never responds, and through chat.

I just checked and my trade in is still on my account so I'll update once I know it works.

Cant think of another way to do it. Anyone else?

6+ month club, here! EDD is still longer than it has been (duration between the 2 dates) at Apr 20 - May 25. Waiting until Giga TX opening on the 7th to see if EDD changes significantly either backward or forward. Depending on that info, I'll opt for a Performance model - otherwise at a standstill. These SA get your hopes up when they say, "we see your delivery is soon, why not add a trade!" And then your EDD gets pushed back another month... 🙃

Reactions: cusetownusa
Was told by my SA that I was escalated again with the factory team and based on the response this time that I should see a VIN within the next week. I would love to hope and to be honest like Chris Smoove would say "Why not...let it fly" so here's to hoping.
Just called Tesla, I have spoked to them a few other times and have received different information from SAs. I had my order escalated twice, one other time I called and they said my car is slotted to get built in mid April. Today I call and the SA tells me all she can see is EDD, can't see a "projected build date." Tempted to add FSD to see if that helps.

Just called Tesla, I have spoked to them a few other times and have received different information from SAs. I had my order escalated twice, one other time I called and they said my car is slotted to get built in mid April. Today I call and the SA tells me all she can see is EDD, can't see a "projected build date." Tempted to add FSD to see if that helps.
I added FSD on Saturday.... today my window got moved from 4/25 - 5/30 to 4/12 - 4/26. I can't confirm that is the reason but it is very coincidental.

Reactions: ebNautilus
For new orders FSD no longer matters but for us old folks that have been waiting it is fair game. I bitthe bullet and added FSD because I have a feeling g 2022 orders with FSD will take precedence.

I strongly believe that when TX opens, people with older orders and have FSD will get their orders first.
I tend to agree with you. As a September OD, I still got my order in January. I always believed they were giving some mild preference for FSD options.

Reactions: ebNautilus
BTW, the queue for FSD beta is just as long and uncertain as the delivery date! I am at a 100 safety score, I am yet to get the software which is 1 step away from FSD. Anyway, hopefully some time before the summer travel is fine with me.
I added FSD on Saturday and my EDD was just moved from 4/25 - 5/30 to 4/12 - 4/26. First same month EDD and first 2 week EDD........ just saying. I don't think it is coincidence.

I just want my car. Then I will worry about getting on another wait list 🤣🤣🤣

So does anyone know how true it is that once you get a 2 week window your Vin is right around the corner?
Personally I've been in a 1 month, 3 weeks, 14 days, 12 days, 10 days, 8 days, and even 3 days. All to get pushed out. Currently in another window starting today, got a text today from Tesla's (510) #, "We apologize that your vehicle is no longer going to be built in March, but we will prioritize you for a April build", guessing by tomorrow I'll get a new EDD again, pushed out.

It's nice to be hopeful though! Better to see the glass half full than empty. They can either surprise you or make you sad. Haha