Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a vin and a car that is sitting at the service center waiting on a part that they have no idea when it’s coming. I was told 2 hours before delivery that I couldn’t pick it up at 1pm. Haven’t gotten another call since.
Cross posting from WA thread...

I called Monday and Wednesday. I mentioned that customers cannot be at Tesla beck and call and just take delivery after they send a text. This 1-day sliding window is just ridiculous and Tesla should communicate properly.

Fu***r mentioned that he can see that I have called them twice this week and I have to be patient, else there is an option to cancel the order online. I might get some flak from folks here, but some of these phone/chat representatives have their ego as big as Musk.

Reactions: Merner
Cross posting from WA thread...

I called Monday and Wednesday. I mentioned that customers cannot be at Tesla beck and call and just take delivery after they send a text. This 1-day sliding window is just ridiculous and Tesla should communicate properly.

Fu***r mentioned that he can see that I have called them twice this week and I have to be patient, else there is an option to cancel the order online. I might get some flak from folks here, but some of these phone/chat representatives have their ego as big as Musk.
Yeah. When she called and said it wouldn’t be ready at 1, I assumed that meant come in later today. She said she was going to call me back with more details. Then Saturday came and went and she never called. The only form of communication I have is with the manager, who I had to deal with 3 years ago when my model 3 delivery got so messed up. I’ve already paid. I don’t want to drive my trade in anymore due to fears. I’m worried my trade in is going to expire before I get this car and they’re going to magically and drastically change how much I owe.

Dang I am suppose to get mine on Monday and I keep asking them if there is a part issue and they said my delivery date would change if there was. But sounds like it can change on the actual delivery day. Trying to get them to confirm it has all of the parts once it gets to the delivery center.
Same here. They wouldn’t tell me for sure. When I press them, they said “the system has a hold on it” even though I already made pick up appointment for next week. Call center says there’s no hold.
I finally emailed my initial SA at downtown DC and he said there’s a hold but it’s for a firmware update and not missing part audit.

Never heard of “firmware update hold” but could be a routine thing before delivery so I’m a feeling good about pick up next week. 🤓

• Informative
Reactions: Silence88
Same here. They wouldn’t tell me for sure. When I press them, they said “the system has a hold on it” even though I already made pick up appointment for next week. Call center says there’s no hold.
I finally emailed my initial SA at downtown DC and he said there’s a hold but it’s for a firmware update and not missing part audit.

Never heard of “firmware update hold” but could be a routine thing before delivery so I’m a feeling good about pick up next week. 🤓
There was another “recall” for Teslas forgot exactly what. But they are pushing out an over the air update. Maybe they need to wait for the fix before they can release the car. Wait, but then more people would have had last minute holds too. So maybe not

What's good, Tesla folks? Just got a text from SA postponing delivery four days, from 5/8 to 5/12 (next Thursday). Wife will be happy - they saved Mother's Day. 😂😂😂

Text confirmed that the car hasn't arrived at the DC yet. It's all good; my main concern is parts hold.
They postponed my DD by 2 days and offered me 3:00 on Mother’s Day! I told them I couldn’t due to obligations (happy wife, happy life-lol). Getting it Monday at 3:00 (unless it’s further delayed👎).

Finally received my model Y today and honestly it was worth the wait. Absolutely love the car, it has exceeded my expectations. I’ve only test drove a Tesla once long ago but man, I won’t ever get tired of this acceleration. For those waiting, I’m sure y’all will feel the same, there’s a reason why teslas are so in demand right now.

Just received my VIN today for my MYP! F440! Showing an EDD 5/8-5/16. Changed over to financing and got declined by Tesla unfortunately which I kind of saw coming since my wife is currently unemplo due to dropping a knife on her foot while being pregnant and had our baby on the 29th! So hopefully I can find a local credit union to approve me. If it’s meant to be it will be I guess.

I found out 2 hours before my delivery on 4/30 that my car wasn't ready. Now I'm being told my delivery will likely be pushed til next week. My trade offer in is 30 days old next week... I just know Tesla is going to **** me and ask for more money.

See this thread Edit Design without affecting price now?

Also you can follow these instructions to get to the edit design section while logged in to the Tesla dashboard if the edit design link isn’t available .
Thank you thank yoU!

i was able to update the design to remove the 7 seater option this morning.

next thing is to remove the trade. My date continued to show June 1 to June 29 after the design update. On the website, the final total price remains the same (with 3k included) but the 3k line item is gone. THe PDF Order agreen reflects the correct pricing.

Thank you all.

Just received my VIN today for my MYP! F440! Showing an EDD 5/8-5/16. Changed over to financing and got declined by Tesla unfortunately which I kind of saw coming since my wife is currently unemplo due to dropping a knife on her foot while being pregnant and had our baby on the 29th! So hopefully I can find a local credit union to approve me. If it’s meant to be it will be I guess.
what was your order date? thanks

Since you got VIN, has anyone contacted you to say, Hey congrats, you got a VIN? Or just no schedule text? Curious as I have had my VIN since yesterday and nobody contacted me yet. Still just short of 2 weeks from EDD.
I seriously question what the SA job is... they "don't know anything more than we do, nothing they can do, your app has the most updated info etc." not good at supporting nor do many of them even have good communication, not all, but seems to be a good number.

I seriously question what the SA job is... they "don't know anything more than we do, nothing they can do, your app has the most updated info etc." not good at supporting nor do many of them even have good communication, not all, but seems to be a good number.
My SA told me until I get a VIN, they can see nothing more then me. (Not sure I believe him). I got just less then 2 weeks so have not contacted them, waiting to see if they contact me. Just need my Trade in Changed, want to see what they offer me.

Welp today makes 11 days since I got my VIN and still no delivery text 😭😭😭😭

Am I ever going to get my car!
Seeing your posts about not having a delivery date.

I got my VIN on April 24 and after a few days, I called Tesla Sales (888) 518-3752 and asked about the so-called parts-hold some people are talking about.

The guy on the phone said he could not see anything about a hold and that it looked like my car was scheduled to arrive at the DC on May 8. He then asked me if I wanted to set up a temporary Delivery date and he actually set it for May 9.

Since then, however, the DC reached out to say the car would not be ready on May 9 and they asked me to pick between May 13, 14, 15. I picked May 13.

All that to say, that maybe you can get the ball rolling by just calling the 888 number.