Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since you got VIN, has anyone contacted you to say, Hey congrats, you got a VIN? Or just no schedule text? Curious as I have had my VIN since yesterday and nobody contacted me yet. Still just short of 2 weeks from EDD.
No one contacted me for 5 days after i got my VIN last Thursday. Being in the DC area, i knew it takes upto 2 weeks to take delivery after VIN so i didn't care. They did text me on Monday morning to schedule pick up and i did for next week.

If you're closer to CA, I'd assume they'll contact you sooner than that unless they have too many vehicles to deliver and may be have a queue or something.

Since you got VIN, has anyone contacted you to say, Hey congrats, you got a VIN? Or just no schedule text? Curious as I have had my VIN since yesterday and nobody contacted me yet. Still just short of 2 weeks from EDD.
Got (found) my VIN in the MVPA last Thurs. after getting the "final payment" email - didn't appear anywhere else on the app or web.
On Sunday afternoon got a call + email w/ pickup details and scheduled delivery date/time for next Tuesday (10th).
The VIN didn't appear in the app until this Tuesday.
My paperwork etc is done and sitting here on my desk - no mention of delays but it is a F429xxx so fingers crossed.

Seeing your posts about not having a delivery date.

I got my VIN on April 24 and after a few days, I called Tesla Sales (888) 518-3752 and asked about the so-called parts-hold some people are talking about.

The guy on the phone said he could not see anything about a hold and that it looked like my car was scheduled to arrive at the DC on May 8. He then asked me if I wanted to set up a temporary Delivery date and he actually set it for May 9.

Since then, however, the DC reached out to say the car would not be ready on May 9 and they asked me to pick between May 13, 14, 15. I picked May 13.

All that to say, that maybe you can get the ball rolling by just calling the 888 number.
Yep. Did the exact same thing.. got VIN on 4/25, called them and scheduled for 5/5, actually got as far as calling them on 5/3 to confirm I didn't have a parts hold, they confirmed everything is good. They called me back within 5 minutes and said "actually there is a parts hold, it will be ready the week of the 16th, we can schedule delivery for the 16th." Now we wait...

Got (found) my VIN in the MVPA last Thurs. after getting the "final payment" email - didn't appear anywhere else on the app or web.
On Sunday afternoon got a call + email w/ pickup details and scheduled delivery date/time for next Tuesday (10th).
The VIN didn't appear in the app until this Tuesday.
My paperwork etc is done and sitting here on my desk - no mention of delays but it is a F429xxx so fingers crossed.
I didn’t even get a final payment email

One more week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Funny
Reactions: lost_sailor
I am getting worried. I have my pickup date scheduled for May 9th and was initially told my car would get to Austin, TX on May 4th, then it went to the 6th, then 7th, and as of today it's showing the 8th but my pickup is still scheduled on the 9th. I keep asking about the parts hold and they respond with, if there is an issue we will let you know. Setting realistic expectations that my delivery is going to get pushed. They need at least a day to prep the car.

I am getting worried. I have my pickup date scheduled for May 9th and was initially told my car would get to Austin, TX on May 4th, then it went to the 6th, then 7th, and as of today it's showing the 8th but my pickup is still scheduled on the 9th. I keep asking about the parts hold and they respond with, if there is an issue we will let you know. Setting realistic expectations that my delivery is going to get pushed. They need at least a day to prep the car.
Not sure what is worse, the first 6 months or the last 6 days. I have been looking at my app more since I got the VIN.

Seeing your posts about not having a delivery date.

I got my VIN on April 24 and after a few days, I called Tesla Sales (888) 518-3752 and asked about the so-called parts-hold some people are talking about.

The guy on the phone said he could not see anything about a hold and that it looked like my car was scheduled to arrive at the DC on May 8. He then asked me if I wanted to set up a temporary Delivery date and he actually set it for May 9.

Since then, however, the DC reached out to say the car would not be ready on May 9 and they asked me to pick between May 13, 14, 15. I picked May 13.

All that to say, that maybe you can get the ball rolling by just calling the 888 number.
I reached out to my SA and she said that my car is scheduled to arrive May 12th and that I will probably be able to pick up May 13, 14 or 15. So we will see.

Just got off the phone with Tesla Support. My MYLR (F423xxx) is one of the vehicles missing the part. It's in NJ at the destination, just waiting on the retro-fit. They have no timeline on when the part is due from the factory, which is a huge issue in my book. Hopefully just a week or two of waiting, but we will see. I sold my car when my date moved up last week, so slightly unfortunate.

Just got off the phone with Tesla Support. My MYLR (F423xxx) is one of the vehicles missing the part. It's in NJ at the destination, just waiting on the retro-fit. They have no timeline on when the part is due from the factory, which is a huge issue in my book. Hopefully just a week or two of waiting, but we will see. I sold my car when my date moved up last week, so slightly unfortunate.
don't easily trust them with a part? Body? Tires? Or the steering wheel? :rolleyes: