Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it? I got the same one twice in a row! I was like DAMN IT ITS YOU AGAIN. LET ME TRY AGAIN!
Yeah definitely doesn't sound like you got a good SA...mine was busy and said a lot of the same things, but I learned how to joke around and be firm at the same time... and it felt like when I was like that and was persistent that she went to bat for me. BELIEVE ME I do know how it feels...I will keep all the good vibes going for you for sure

Picked up my ride from the DC today. The car was waiting for me under a tent. I brought a friend who is a car enthusiast and he checked the exterior for fit and finish issues. We notated a few issues:
1. One of the headlights was not flush with the hood like the other
2. One of the doors needs adjustment as it doesn’t open as smoothly as the others. The tech said the striker needs to be adjusted,
3. Lastly this is the one I was most afraid about and it was the seat belt grease stain on the white third row seats. They said they cannot get the stain out and the seat would need to be replaced.

Will be scheduling a service appointment to get those addressed.

Now that this is out of the way. I love love the car. It drives so much smoother than the old 2013 CRV it is replacing. I love the white interior and have committed to wiping them down regularly. I didn’t get a chance to try out FSD or Autopilot because it was calibrating. Mobile connector included!

The car is currently with my PPF installer getting PPF, Rimsavers, Mudflaps and tint.
Lets go! So happy for you too!

Lets go! So happy for you too!
Likewise! Glad you got your unicorn! I miss mine, I won’t get it back from PPF and tint until Monday.
Thanks everyone and now I know how it feels...249 days after hitting that submit button. All I can say is that 'Unicorns' exist and now I am pulling for everyone in the Aug/Sep threads to share the joy.
I feel like that wait from January to May was a slog with the changing EDDs, AMD, Mobile Connector, GigaTexas 4680 stuff, and the missing part post VIN assignment. Glad people are finally getting cars.

May 16 - may 30th. By my math, about a 24 day delivery so may 23rd can be crossed off…. Running out of days
You are now 4 days ahead of me in EDD for the exact same car and both of us in the Midwest. They might as well just make two at the same time and drop them both off for us.

What are the chances of us getting our cars in May? A VIN in May?

I've asked this before but do we think our tow package is delaying us? Any one else with the tow package that ordered in Sept get their car yet?

Yeah definitely doesn't sound like you got a good SA...mine was busy and said a lot of the same things, but I learned how to joke around and be firm at the same time... and it felt like when I was like that and was persistent that she went to bat for me. BELIEVE ME I do know how it feels...I will keep all the good vibes going for you for sure
It will come eventually. More money saved!

• Love
Reactions: Antonius138
FINALLY... Just got my VIN - 426xxxx
OD: 9/28 MYLR/White/White/19"/no FSD/no tow EDD: 5/13 - 5/17 changed to 5/9 - 5/13
Just got the delivery date confirmation - this Thursday, 5/12. 18th day after receiving the VIN.
Not sure why they are delivering to my house even though Tesla Service Center is only 2 miles away (from where I live).

Any pros/cons of delivery at home versus picking up at the Service center?

So the way it was explained to me is that they cannot see your car until it hits the delivery area where it gets transported by truck. That is when I get the text.

So because I am on the east coast my car gets delivered by train to Alabama. Once in Alabama, they can then officially track the vehicle because it is on a truck.

So depending on how your car gets delivered depends on if they can track it or not. So that is how it was explained 🤷🏼‍♀️
Sounds like BS to me. I went to DC twice inquiring about where the car was. First time they told me it was sitting in a rail yard in Richmond CA, second time they told me it was sitting at rail head in Birmingham AL. I believe they CAN locate your car. My guess is that the car has an IP address allowing them to precisely locate its whereabouts. Not all employees may have access to this information, but some do. Only speaking from my personal experience.

Reactions: OmbreCake
Sounds like BS to me. I went to DC twice inquiring about where the car was. First time they told me it was sitting in a rail yard in Richmond CA, second time they told me it was sitting at rail head in Birmingham AL. I believe they CAN locate your car. My guess is that the car has an IP address allowing them to precisely locate its whereabouts. Not all employees may have access to this information, but some do. Only speaking from my personal experience.
I totally agree with you!!! Do you really think that Elon Musk is going to put a 70k vehicle on a train without a tracker? He invented Starlink for f sake!

I also agree that some employees have more access than others and it really is a lottery as to who you get depending on time of day and the influx of callers.

I don't known if you remember but there was someone waaaaayyy back in the day on this forum that said his SA pinged his car on the train and told him the exact state it was in. I totally know they can track it. The guy today that I got just happened to be in FL and I think he had access to the East coast system so he was able to see my car. Had it been someone in the West coast I probably would have gotten the "in transit" response.

By the way...... have you got your baby yet?

Reactions: BGOwner

I totally agree with you!!! Do you really think that Elon Musk is going to put a 70k vehicle on a train without a tracker? He invented Starlink for f sake!

I also agree that some employees have more access than others and it really is a lottery as to who you get depending on time of day and the influx of callers.
The nice SA I spoke with said he could track the car while it was on the train but once it was on the truck being transported, he could not track it. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Jdizzl11
Got nowhere with Support today so went to the lot where they house a lot of Teslas before delivery to look for my vehicle/VIN. Two employees were there and said I couldn't be on the lot LOL. At the least, I got to ask about the part shortage/issue and he said it was all COVID related (naturally). Explained I'm waiting on a vehicle a few weeks after VIN and he mentioned they had 20 of the ECU charge ports delivered and that's what he was installing. Here's to hoping mine was in that batch and for a delivery date soon.

The nice SA I spoke with said he could track the car while it was on the train but once it was on the truck being transported, he could not track it. 🤷‍♂️
That is probably more accurate. Trains have GPS. Most semis don't unless they have Starlink 🤣

I believe that my car was in Cali, then in transit, and now in AL. All of those locations are trackable.

He said my car was still sitting in AL waiting to be loaded on a truck. My SA told me it was scheduled to be delivered Thursday the 12th. My text said the 16th was a place holder. So I want to say the average of those answers will be the 13th (Friday the 13th), which just so happens to be my lucky day!!

How awesome would that be to pick my baby up on Friday 13th!!!

Reactions: MemoY and Firocity