Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised they actually tell you where the vehicle is. Since getting a vin, i called and texted many times for various reasons (mostly trying to check on location or if impacted by missing parts) every time i asked, they say they have no way of looking into where the car actually is other than "in transit". And many in here have gotten the same response.

So what is the secret? How should we ask? lol
So the way it was explained to me is that they cannot see your car until it hits the delivery area where it gets transported by truck. That is when I get the text.

So because I am on the east coast my car gets delivered by train to Alabama. Once in Alabama, they can then officially track the vehicle because it is on a truck.

So depending on how your car gets delivered depends on if they can track it or not. So that is how it was explained 🤷🏼‍♀️

So frustrating. We have been waiting for our vehicles to be ready for pick up since VIN assigned(April 25). The sales representative kept giving generic updates. I had to call today several times and ask for an update. Basically, ask whether the part has been installed or whether the part has arrived at the delivery/service center. A representative named Logan was so nice and went up to check it out and found my ask is ready to pick up. We scheduled delivery at 10 am tomorrow morning. At this point, I am exhausted and just want this to be over.
Oh wow. Same with me, except they told me my car in still in transit. Keep getting generic answers. Like the car will be ready in a couple of weeks. Then I ask why does my EDD say today's date --(+4days). Then the SA said I should get it by end of next week. We shall see. Maybe I need to call like you did. I assume you are picking up in Dedham?

Last edited:
Picked up my ride from the DC today. The car was waiting for me under a tent. I brought a friend who is a car enthusiast and he checked the exterior for fit and finish issues. We notated a few issues:
1. One of the headlights was not flush with the hood like the other
2. One of the doors needs adjustment as it doesn’t open as smoothly as the others. The tech said the striker needs to be adjusted,
3. Lastly this is the one I was most afraid about and it was the seat belt grease stain on the white third row seats. They said they cannot get the stain out and the seat would need to be replaced.

Will be scheduling a service appointment to get those addressed.

Now that this is out of the way. I love love the car. It drives so much smoother than the old 2013 CRV it is replacing. I love the white interior and have committed to wiping them down regularly. I didn’t get a chance to try out FSD or Autopilot because it was calibrating. Mobile connector included!

The car is currently with my PPF installer getting PPF, Rimsavers, Mudflaps and tint.

Attachments

• 94B1B0D0-2D9A-473F-A822-50196CC23E9D.jpeg
    94B1B0D0-2D9A-473F-A822-50196CC23E9D.jpeg
    916.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 5A284E4A-2DB8-4C2E-B84D-D30937451D1D.jpeg
    5A284E4A-2DB8-4C2E-B84D-D30937451D1D.jpeg
    666.4 KB · Views: 57
  • E5EE2FA9-638B-410F-A2BE-511971F6FB0C.jpeg
    E5EE2FA9-638B-410F-A2BE-511971F6FB0C.jpeg
    628.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 06A582EA-53CC-49DC-BD8B-23909B6FF304.jpeg
    06A582EA-53CC-49DC-BD8B-23909B6FF304.jpeg
    383.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 491EAB25-299C-4BBD-B7CD-3624D003FE29.jpeg
    491EAB25-299C-4BBD-B7CD-3624D003FE29.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 1E9848A4-8859-4B37-8021-9F771E3E27F5.jpeg
    1E9848A4-8859-4B37-8021-9F771E3E27F5.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Oh wow. Same with me, except they told me my car in still in transit. Keep getting generic answers. Like the car will be ready in a couple of weeks. Then I ask why does my EDD say today's date --(+4days). Then the SA said I should get it by end of next week. We shall see. Maybe I need to call like you did. I assume you are picking up in Dedham?
I will pick it up in Peabody. The fact that I was able to get delivery scheduled by calling them gives me an impression that the delivery center is not doing what they claimed to do meaning "contact you as soon as it is ready".

Reactions: HotIce13
Car is in Alabama! Said that if it shows up before the 16th they will call me to come pick up earlier!!! Alabama is 3 hours from Tampa!!!

Didn't show any holds. We will see. 🤞🤞🤞
Aahhhh!!! The tension!!!
Today, my SA over at the DC said they "expect" my car to arrive TODAY. And "if" all checks out with inspection and parts, they'll let me have it TOMORROW. Am I happy? Oh yeah. But anyone that's been around here as long as we all have knows that's still way too much "IF" to rest on. Still have my scheduled delivery on Thursday, but even that is enshrouded in "IF". I think Tesla has done a number on my head. 😂 I can say, though, that I'm more patient than I ever gave myself credit for.

OH! And wouldn't ya know - Saturday night, my trade-in odometer reading expired and I had to update it again. Mind you, I am sitting on a cashier's check and a loan approval that are very specific. So, they went ahead and gave me an extra $100 on my trade. 😄😄😄

@Bookman - what does your sitch look like today?