Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somehow hold me back! I want to put some miles on it when I receive on Wednesday!
Can't help ya. Look. I HAD THE PPF IN MY POSSESSION. But I became so enamored of this beautiful little beast that I just HAD to drive it around for 3 days before I could be bothered with putting it on. By the time I calmed down , I'd already racked up two chips. Honestly, I have no idea how people go straight from the delivery center to get PPF/Ceramic. I'm 200 miles in so far, and I'm about to drive to the mailbox again. I love it SO much. 😂🤣😂

I'm PUMPED for you! Monday's just about in the books, and Wednesday's coming fast!

Reactions: Jdizzl11
So an update to my accident saga.....

I was able to submit the video and pictures to Progressive online and it was SUPER easy! Now just waiting on the estimate. Thankfully there is a Tesla certified body shop in St Pete.

I just got off the phone with them and they were so nice! Once I get the estimate from Progressive, I send it to the body shop. Then I go to the body shop and they take pics and give me a timeline for repair. Then they order the parts.

Once the parts come in they call me and I bring my baby in to get fixed 😁 I think the actual repair won't take very long. It will be waiting on parts because of parts shortages. Thankfully the damage is very minor.

I do have to say this accident thing has been pretty smooth for my first time.
Not bad. My heart broke when I read about your accident. Fortunately you still get to drive Millie, and she won't have to sit idle waiting for parts!

Reactions: Jdizzl11
Look into XPEL Stealth if you want to keep the white color. It's a clear PPF that makes the car look matte. Also, update this morning and they said the car should be ready today or tomorrow
That's great news! Hope everything goes smooth! So far after checking a few shops looks like the costs are about the same its waiting to get it in as everyone is fully booked. Driving around without PPF be like 😬

Not bad. My heart broke when I read about your accident. Fortunately you still get to drive Millie, and she won't have to sit idle waiting for parts!
Thanks.... it stings less everyday.
Attached are the large trucks I have to try amd manoover around in a very tight parking garage. As you can see this truck is blocking half the gate to exit!

I will just have to be more aware next time because Millie is a little bigger than what I am use to.

Attachments

• 20220516_131748.jpg
    20220516_131748.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 109
@Jdizzl11 sorry about your car.

Finally took delivery today. Met @Curious Nomad who took delivery at the same time.

Had a few minor issues. Paint was chipped on right rear door and had touch up applied poorly and white touch up paint was on the black door handle.

Windshield wiper prayers were not connected and fluid flowed into frunk area instead of onto windshield. This was the biggest issue.

1 pin and 1 bolt nut missing in left front wheel well.

Not enough to reject the car. Especially after waiting 8 months. Glad it is finally over.

Attachments

• AA089D0A-D8A4-4F62-BCE4-ACDA31C23F38.jpeg
    AA089D0A-D8A4-4F62-BCE4-ACDA31C23F38.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 9CD7138D-BD66-40C6-9041-6E1C57319CCF.jpeg
    9CD7138D-BD66-40C6-9041-6E1C57319CCF.jpeg
    357 KB · Views: 74
  • 02FE2BA4-BE9A-4669-A824-7855F5AF56FE.jpeg
    02FE2BA4-BE9A-4669-A824-7855F5AF56FE.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 78
  • B584563A-FD40-4E1B-9F73-B224A1AB6213.jpeg
    B584563A-FD40-4E1B-9F73-B224A1AB6213.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 824869C9-6D20-4DEA-8363-486FFA696B31.jpeg
    824869C9-6D20-4DEA-8363-486FFA696B31.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 74

Finally took delivery today. Met @Curious Nomad who took delivery at the same time.

Had a few minor issues. Paint was chipped on right rear door and had touch up applied poorly and white touch up paint was on the black door handle.

Windshield wiper prayers were not connected and fluid flowed into frunk area instead of onto windshield. This was the biggest issue.

Not enough to reject the car. Especially after waiting 8 months. Glad it is finally over.
Beautiful!

Yep, got mine too at same time. Found 4 minor issues, nothing too serious. It was in mid 90's so nice to be able to have my wife sit inside cooled car while I did the inspection! Excess gaps on hood and trunk, one scratch on window trim and 2 missing bolts under rear bottom covers below trunk. Still need to check a few things at home to be sure I have not missed anything. Overall looks fantastic! And darn this thing is fast!

Attachments

• tempImagehGyZzC.png
    tempImagehGyZzC.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
  • tempImagehrh0pc.png
    tempImagehrh0pc.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 68
  • tempImagevoA8EJ.png
    tempImagevoA8EJ.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
  • tempImageTHWo8K.png
    tempImageTHWo8K.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
  • tempImage8jM1eO.png
    tempImage8jM1eO.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 80

Picked mine up today, too. Oddly enough, I had the same issue with the windshield wiper fluid. Really easy fix though - I just popped the plastic cover and reconnected the hose.

Ok, so charging your car right, not the USB charger because I've read a while some were shipping without USB chargers.
Yes, charging the car. The missing USB port thing was a while back and for those, they were delivering the cars, just making you come back for the part. That being said, I brought a USB-C charging cable to my delivery appointment to test all the charging ports. All were operational.

In the case of the missing charge port ECU, they can't deliver since you would have no way to charge the car and would get stranded.

• Informative
Reactions: cc333
Yes, charging the car. The missing USB port thing was a while back and for those, they were delivering the cars, just making you come back for the part. That being said, I brought a USB-C charging cable to my delivery appointment to test all the charging ports. All were operational.

In the case of the missing charge port ECU, they can't deliver since you would have no way to charge the car and would get stranded.
Thanks! I hope it's good as factory installed, don't want my car blowing up when charging. EV fire isn't something to joke around with.

Last edited: