Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sales advisor who was helping me said one of the gaps was outside of their tolerances, but the service team I have been messaging with is trying to tell me it is most likely within tolerances and I would have to pay for it. I can fit my pinky all the way in the gap, which is technically how they measure it (dumbest thing I've heard). We will see what happens when I take it in next weekend. Very happy with the car overall though!

A pinky finger is how they measure tolerance? Who's pinky? Huge guy or small child? I don't buy that for a second. Tolerances are measured with a set criteria; usually a number relative to a distance (e.g. allowed to be 5mm out over a distance of 5000mm).

If it bothers you ask to see the "tolerance" specification and make them measure it. I see this as a lazy way of getting out of providing a properly finished car. Just saying "that's how we do it" does not cut it.

On the flip side if it doesn't bother you I would ignore it. At this point (8 months since order?) I am willing to accept almost anything lol.

A pinky finger is how they measure tolerance? Who's pinky? Huge guy or small child? I don't buy that for a second. Tolerances are measured with a set criteria; usually a number relative to a distance (e.g. allowed to be 5mm out over a distance of 5000mm).

If it bothers you ask to see the "tolerance" specification and make them measure it. I see this as a lazy way of getting out of providing a properly finished car. Just saying "that's how we do it" does not cut it.

On the flip side if it doesn't bother you I would ignore it. At this point (8 months since order?) I am willing to accept almost anything lol.
Yeah, I'm with the later part, waited for so long.... will it really stop me just because it's a bit imperfect?

I had same issue.. picked up last week.. had ppf no mudflaps... created service ticket for panel gaps (side door)... he said it was within tolerance.. I argued... showed him how it was not flush... they caved in and decided to fix it. I also had soft white noise while driving and the rep said top glass was not sealed properly... dropped off this morning (got M3 loaner) expecting call anytime now (they said 4-6 hours).

Last edited:
Reactions: gaurilla
My parts have been ordered!!! And what is so cool is I get notifications on the status and order and everything! Only a Tesla certified shop can order parts and they associate the parts with my VIN so I get status notifications in the app on when and where my parts are!!!

So excited! Hopefully my parts arrive in the next couple weeks!! 🤞🤞🤞
Congrats on getting your car and sorry that you got into an accident.

But do you think we can keep repair / parts discussion out of this thread ?

It makes it more pages and for people who is still waiting for their MY to scroll through. The repair or parts have nothing to do with september order……

No offense and yes I can ignore the post but it’s just not relevant…

Like in one post you are asking if it would be horrible to just show up to the body shop next morning. Etc …. You know most of us don’t have a car yet so we don’t know how the body shop stuff would work yet…. :)

Not sure Escalate is a real thing. A few SAs have said they have escalated orders with Logistics, others say no such thing. I think its something that the SAs say to keep you off their back. In @RG092021 case, he was already about into his EDD so probably was going to be assigned anyway.
The SA I spoke with had "no idea" what I meant by "escalate". Either way I stated my case that it has been 8 months already with multiple 2 week windows. I was nice about it and after that she said she would escalate the issue. Magically the following morning (today) I got a VIN. So regardless of your theory the evidence in this thread supports the escalation theory.

Congrats on getting your car and sorry that you got into an accident.

But do you think we can keep repair / parts discussion out of this thread ?

It makes it more pages and for people who is still waiting for their MY to scroll through. The repair or parts have nothing to do with september order……

No offense and yes I can ignore the post but it’s just not relevant…

Like in one post you are asking if it would be horrible to just show up to the body shop next morning. Etc …. You know most of us don’t have a car yet so we don’t know how the body shop stuff would work yet…. :)
My bad good luck everyone on getting your car. Peace out!

The SA I spoke with had "no idea" what I meant by "escalate". Either way I stated my case that it has been 8 months already with multiple 2 week windows. I was nice about it and after that she said she would escalate the issue. Magically the following morning (today) I got a VIN. So regardless of your theory the evidence in this thread supports the escalation theory.
What is this SA that you spoke to ? Is it just random 1800 number ?

Correlation != causation.

I have spoken to my SA several times and they said they would "escalate" for me yet here I remain. I am also in the 8 month range with three 2-week windows. And for the record I am sad yet still hopeful 😄

Reactions: Tezla. and RG092021
Correlation != causation.

I have spoken to my SA several times and they said they would "escalate" for me yet here I remain. I am also in the 8 month range with three 2-week windows. And for the record I am sad yet still hopeful 😄
I think the 7 seaters orders than I know of have the same issue. Keep your hopes up and monitor the threads to keep a look out when other 7 seaters start getting delivered.

Reactions: Stirfry
It finally happened, picked up yesterday! Everything looked pretty good, normal issues with panel gaps around the trunk but other than that was great. I did get mudflaps and side PPF for free which was nice.
View attachment 806139
Mud flaps and PPF? Dang they must have taken pity on you, but super happy they compensated for a late delivery! I was able to get my full aftermarket PPF (including the shark fins) and tint done yesterday. That feeling of driving around with no PPF is finally gone! Cheers to you Bro!

IMG_2502.JPEG
IMG_2503.JPEG

Before and after with the Rimetrix wheel covers. I know they are not for everyone, but with the amount of money I dumped into this thing it's what I could afford 😅