Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am out of country.. i already gave up 1st time VIN and put my RN on hold till yesterday as i can only put the hold till 8th. Tesla left my hold automatically and assigned the VIN immediately. current schedule to be delivered between june24-june28th. i am returning back to US on June27th. how can check if my new VIN is not rejected by someone due to any issue. my new VIN 7SAYGDEE9NF4649XX. any suggestion..

i am out of country.. i already gave up 1st time VIN and put my RN on hold till yesterday as i can only put the hold till 8th. Tesla left my hold automatically and assigned the VIN immediately. current schedule to be delivered between june24-june28th. i am returning back to US on June27th. how can check if my new VIN is not rejected by someone due to any issue. my new VIN 7SAYGDEE9NF4649XX. any suggestion..
I had a 3 day window and they still pushed it out another week. My window 6/9- 6/12. Actual delivery day scheduled 6/17. Just saying

Reactions: Nora DiCaprio
Ceramic window tint? It's been awhile since I tinted a car! Did you also tint the back ones more? I was debating on doing that as well.
I'm getting ceramic window tinting done on my 2 week old MY-LR as I write this. Being done at Tint World in Ft. Myers, FL. The rear door and rear hatch glass already have 25% tint from the factory but I'm adding a 70% ceramic tint to those to block IR to keep the interior cooler. For front door windows, which have no factory tint, I'm having a 40% ceramic tint (I really don't want those very dark). On the windshield I'm just having the top 6 inches tinted at 30%. No additional tint needed on the glass roof since the factory tint already blocks IR and is very dark (i.e., passing only something like 5% to 10% of the light). FYI total price was $440 plus tax.

Ceramic window tint? It's been awhile since I tinted a car! Did you also tint the back ones more? I was debating on doing that as well.
Yeah I went with a ceramic tint (helps a bit with the thermal, or least that's what all the marketing says lol) on all the windows including the windshield. It essentially covers the factory tint so it makes for a pretty nice dark and gradual transition to the windshield. The one thing that the ceramic does do that I could definitely tell was the visibility especially at night was better than other types of tints I have used before.

Yeah I went with a ceramic tint (helps a bit with the thermal, or least that's what all the marketing says lol) on all the windows including the windshield. It essentially covers the factory tint so it makes for a pretty nice dark and gradual transition to the windshield. The one thing that the ceramic does do that I could definitely tell was the visibility especially at night was better than other types of tints I have used before.
I'll have to ask about it when I get it done! I was thinking the back windows probably aren't dark enough so will probably have it a done. Just finalized all the paperwork hoping that I will get it sooner than next Friday! Hoping!!

Reactions: Antonius138
anyone changed from MYLR to MYP in the last few days, and if so can you let me know your EDD? i am ready to jump the gun to change to MYP but i worry that i will just be the back of another long line.

my current EDD got pushed to Oct to Nov just 2 days ago. (OD is Sept 2021)

i have seen some recent EDD for MYP from May 2022 orders are getting Sept/Oct EDD. i dont want to change to MYP and then turns out to be another SEPT/OCT edd again.

anyone changed from MYLR to MYP in the last few days, and if so can you let me know your EDD? i am ready to jump the gun to change to MYP but i worry that i will just be the back of another long line.

i have seen some recent EDD for MYP from May 2022 orders are getting Sept/Oct EDD. i dont want to change to MYP and then turns out to be another SEPT/OCT edd again.
Have a look through the March, Feb, Jan threads. I've seen a number of MYLR to MYP switchers over the past week who are getting June windows within a day of switching. You will likely get a placeholder date for the first 24hrs but then you should get a very short wait when it assigns you a proper EDD. Being in NY yours may be for July though as Tesla finishes EOQ deliveries in the West for the next 3 weeks.

A couple examples:

Last edited:

Just do it! LoL! I only have to wait 5 weeks for mine. Even though I am a little scared of the 21inch wheels. Ride wise!

I bet the nutty euphemism is setting a goal to hit production #'s or get close in spite of china's shutdown.
my bet is that because they won't be able to blow out the delivery numbers, and in fact may come slightly below, they're trying to make up for it with delivering mostly MYP (with or without FSD) and MYLR w/FSD to maximize profit and margin on the ones they do deliver.. Hence why regular orders from August thru December 2021 are largely ignored.

Was there any reason why your order is taking over a year to complete? I am asking because I'm "confused" as to why my EDD just got pushed to Nov-Jan from Sept. I ordered mine on 19 Sept, vanilla MYLR.