Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice to see some early September deliveries. The EV package is dead, but no one is saying it is dead. No one wants to be the one to say package is dead. So if you get delivery in December or January, it will not make a difference. The Child care payments were for 1 year, the taxes were for 10 years. Manchin said put child care for 10 years too and price it properly. That would cost $1.5 trillion. That already hit his limit. So either child care or EV. In the end nothing will pass.

Nice to see some early September deliveries. The EV package is dead, but no one is saying it is dead. No one wants to be the one to say package is dead. So if you get delivery in December or January, it will not make a difference. The Child care payments were for 1 year, the taxes were for 10 years. Manchin said put child care for 10 years too and price it properly. That would cost $1.5 trillion. That already hit his limit. So either child care or EV. In the end nothing will pass.
Totally agree with you, EV credit is dead. So no need to wait till Jan 1 and put cars on hold. Now the only wait is from Elon side to assign us a VIN. :)

As many (including myself) have been saying. These people could not come together to agree the 9/11 first responders should have any healthcare issues paid for. I had absolutely no faith they would come together for this…especially with the huge Toyota plant in WV.

Order date: 9/3 - completed profile same day
Original EDD: January 2022
EDD changes: Dec 26-31, Jan 2-Feb 2, iirc for short period Feb 2-March 2
VIN Assignment: 12/9 > New EDD after VIN 12/15-12/23
On 12/16 adjusted to 12/16-12/22
5 minutes ago, I got a text to schedule delivery and scheduled for 12/20
I think I'm right next to you. Got VIN on 12/9 with EDD 12/15-12/25. Now it's 12/19-12/26

I understand since you are in Utah it took so many days for you to get your car from VIN assignment. Not sure why it's taking so long for mine when i live less than 10 miles from Fremont

Last edited:
MYLR, White, white interior, 5 seater, 20” wheels, no tow, FSD
You did or did not have FSD? I originally had FSD but removed it because over 10 years, I would save 10% by not having to pay annual registration tab fees and also the fact instead of paying cash, I can use my 2% cash back fidelity card by purchasing it postdelivery. That said, I am seeing anecdotal cases of FSD option being used to expedite orders. They want to expand the FSD unit and thus raise revenue for the unit.

You did or did not have FSD? I originally had FSD but removed it because over 10 years, I would save 10% by not having to pay annual registration tab fees and also the fact instead of paying cash, I can use my 2% cash back fidelity card by purchasing it postdelivery. That said, I am seeing anecdotal cases of FSD option being used to expedite orders. They want to expand the FSD unit and thus raise revenue for the unit.
I did not order the FSD.

I ordered Model Y LR (blue, black interior, 7 seats, two hitch, FSD) and until yesterday night my delivery window was Dec 22-31. I woke up this morning and saw an updated window Jan 20 - Feb 17 and I am pretty frustrated... Anyone else with similar experience?

Order date: Sep 7
Yeah in the same boat and several others like us. Mine was glued to last week of dec and 2 weeks ago before we hit dec, it moved to Jan-Feb.