Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered Model Y LR (blue, black interior, 7 seats, two hitch, FSD) and until yesterday night my delivery window was Dec 22-31. I woke up this morning and saw an updated window Jan 20 - Feb 17 and I am pretty frustrated... Anyone else with similar experience?

Order date: Sep 7
I ordered a Model Y LR (blue, black interior, 5 seats, no hitch, geminis, no FSD) on August 30th and my EDD which was sitting at 12/31-1/28 just got pushed to 1/20-2/17this morning.

Was hoping that being in California would get me an end of year push.

I have to turn in my Chevy Bolt lease on 12/26 and will be down to one car in January. Not a huge deal as I largely work from home and have a 2 trips in January. But this wait is killing me!

Reactions: SpadeFire
Based on my EDD in December, I took time off from work and was dreaming about going on a vacation with family in my new car. I am glad I didn't book anything. But guess what I am now doing nothing but still took some time off hoping EDD will change. lol
But now instead of my new car I will be going in my old car.

I ordered Model Y LR (blue, black interior, 7 seats, two hitch, FSD) and until yesterday night my delivery window was Dec 22-31. I woke up this morning and saw an updated window Jan 20 - Feb 17 and I am pretty frustrated... Anyone else with similar experience?

Pretty much eveyone here had this happen to them. And yes, it f**king sucks. Mine was Dec 15-31 and then went back to February-March. Tesla's system here is just a fiasco. I'm sorry, and we all know how utterly frustrating it is.

You did or did not have FSD? I originally had FSD but removed it because over 10 years, I would save 10% by not having to pay annual registration tab fees and also the fact instead of paying cash, I can use my 2% cash back fidelity card by purchasing it postdelivery. That said, I am seeing anecdotal cases of FSD option being used to expedite orders. They want to expand the FSD unit and thus raise revenue for the unit.
We did order with FSD.

I pretty much agree! It's an awesome time for EV enthusiasts, and for the auto industry as a whole. I like the Model Y's look, but I think the Model 3 is obviously the better looking (but too small for our family of four). I just want my car. Today is day 97, and I when I get it I want it to be so awesome that the whole crap experience of the wait, EDD shifts, etc., quickly becomes a memory...
Thanks for counting down, I guess. I'm at day 99 since you and I ordered nearly the same time;) I second your thoughts about the wait becoming a memory!!

Reactions: Tararua
Order date: 9/3 - completed profile same day
Original EDD: January 2022
EDD changes: Dec 26-31, Jan 2-Feb 2, iirc for short period Feb 2-March 2
VIN Assignment: 12/9 > New EDD after VIN 12/15-12/23
On 12/16 adjusted to 12/16-12/22
5 minutes ago, I got a text to schedule delivery and scheduled for 12/20
WHHAAAAAAAT, a Sept order VIN/delivery post? Seriously, congrats!!

Order: MYP Blue ext, 5-seat black int, tow-hitch, FSD (removed FSD 9/7)
Order date: 9/4 - Filled out all forms
Original EDD: October 6 - 22, 2021
EDD changes: Dec 6-31 (after removing FSD), Dec 15 - 24, Dec 18 - 31
VIN Assignment: None
On 12/15 adjusted to 12/18-12/31

I am sweating this a bit, as my ACH financing expires next Friday. I can most likely get an extension, but that rate promotion ends 12/31. I'd rather it be over and done with well before that. The rate (1.79%) is much better than what any of Tesla's banks offered, so I'd really hate to lose it.

Took my order off Hold on 9/27/21.
10/10/21 1st EDD March 2- March 30
11/4/21 2nd EDD Feb 17 - March 17
11/30/21 3rd EDD Jan 27 - Feb 24
12/17/21 4th EDD today Feb 18 - Mar 18
I'm OK with it, no big hurry. Wondering if this later EDD might result in getting one of the Texas Model Y's with the 4680 battery? Any thoughts?

I'm OK with it, no big hurry. Wondering if this later EDD might result in getting one of the Texas Model Y's with the 4680 battery? Any thoughts?
Very very doubtful. 4680 probably won't come out until at least the end of spring/beginning of summer. The QA that will be necessary to put them in production models will take some time, once they get the tooling right.

I am not sure the 4680 is coming anywhere in the first quarter. There is much to do to actually ramp up production at a new plant.

I have the exact same EDD and the exact same configuration as you less the FSD.

I was reading through the August thread, so many have been pushed back to January-February. Seeing that I would not be surprised if my own dates change come January by another month. The consolation for me would be if the package passes in February.
Shouldn’t matter. If you take delivery after Dec 31, and BBB passes in Feb, you are still eligible for it. As written in both versions today

I ordered one MYLR Grey/Black, 19” wheels, 5 seat, FSD, no tow on 9/6…I received a VIN last week and the EDD is now 12/21-12/27.

I ordered a second MYLR Grey/Black, 19” wheels, 5 seat, no FSD, no tow on 9/19…EDD was March 4-April 1. I added FSD in October and the EDD later switched to Jan/Feb. EDD is now 12/20-12/31. But no VIN yet.
I ordered the same configuration minus FSD on 9/4, two days earlier than your order, and my EDD was moved back to 1/12-2/9. I’m in the SF Bay Area, so easy delivery from Fremont.

This supports 45thpParallel’s theory that Tesla is prioritizing FSD deliveries.

I ordered the same configuration minus FSD on 9/4, two days earlier than your order, and my EDD was moved back to 1/12-2/9. I’m in the SF Bay Area, so easy delivery from Fremont.

This supports 45thpParallel’s theory that Tesla is prioritizing FSD deliveries.
No sure how you figure. He ordered 2 same config, it 1 with and 1 without FSD, almost 2 weeks apart. Both have EDD before end of year. Fact that the first one ordered has a VIN and FSD and second one ordered 2 weeks later and not a VIN does not seem to indicate FSD has been prioritized.

While yours was ordered first, both his with and without FSD have an earlier EDD. Seems more of due to delivery location, not that it’s FSD. Even if your closer to the plant.

Not sure why people that live close to Fremont think that should make any difference to delivery date is beyond me.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
No sure how you figure. He ordered 2 same config, it 1 with and 1 without FSD, almost 2 weeks apart. Both have EDD before end of year. Fact that the first one ordered has a VIN and FSD and second one ordered 2 weeks later and not a VIN does not seem to indicate FSD has been prioritized.

While yours was ordered first, both his with and without FSD have an earlier EDD. Seems more of due to delivery location, not that it’s FSD. Even if your closer to the plant.

Not sure why people that live close to Fremont think that should make any difference to delivery date is beyond me.
He has a VIN on the 9/6 order with FSD, so that’s looking good for delivery. He has no VIN on the 9/16 order and the same EDD on that car as many of us had and that was later pushed back to January. Until there’s a VIN it’s just another EDD, not worth the paper it’s not written on.

As for why people close to Fremont think that should make any difference: past practice. Historically CA and especially NorCal had a flood of end of quarter deliveries, with VIN to delivery dates in the range of 3-5 days. This quarter those deliveries are getting pushed back, defying expectations.

Reactions: samori01
I ordered one MYLR Grey/Black, 19” wheels, 5 seat, FSD, no tow on 9/6…I received a VIN last week and the EDD is now 12/21-12/27.

I ordered a second MYLR Grey/Black, 19” wheels, 5 seat, no FSD, no tow on 9/19…EDD was March 4-April 1. I added FSD in October and the EDD later switched to Jan/Feb. EDD is now 12/20-12/31. But no VIN yet.
I did comment a few days back, based on my observation that Tesla is expediting orders with an FSD. The trend now is very clear. I am going to have FSD, but not with my order. In fact I removed it from my order in October. My cost of ownership goes up by $1040 over a 10 year period from having to pay annual registration fee on a higher amount, and also loss of opportunity to use my 2% cash back credit card for FSP purchase. In any case, I am not in a hurry and I am fine picking it up in February too. Working from home, I have put just 3900 on my 21 month old Lexus. I am hoping some of the new features introduced in China and exported to Europe will show up early next year.

I agree with your point of living close to the Fremont plant and receiving orders quicker than others; however, by living closer to the manufacture plant does eliminate trucking/shipping the car. But I feel that point is a bit mute since orders everywhere are queued by date of order and availability of applicable/different parts, ie tow, 20", color, etc.