Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm tired of the wait already, and January just seems an age away (let alone late Feb or March :rolleyes:)... Although maybe we'll all receive our cars in late December as Tesla scramble to set production records for the year. One can hope! For charging, I'm just going to get a NEMA 14-50 installed. We'll be moving house in a year or two, so no point in spending more than I have to now. I'm wondering about winter tires for this first winter, but we throw blizzaks on my wife's Subaru every winter, so I could always take that to work when there's heavy snow...
Yeah makes sense to get a NEMA 14-50 if you plan to move but that said setting that up would cost the same as Tesla wall connector. the only reason I got a wall connector is because my husband wants to get a Tesla next year if we really like my Model Y, which I know he already does :)

Reactions: 45thParallel
While we all wait for our cars, how is everyone planning to charge their cars? Getting NEMA 14-50 or Tesla Wall Charger?
If we need to charge 2 Tesla's how does that work? what should I tell the electrician to do? I called an electrician for an estimate but not sure what exactly to ask him for charging 2 cars?
Funny enough you’re actually local to me. I would highly recommend Connected Technology. They are a Tesla approved installer as well. You fill out a form online and upload some pictures and the get you an accurate quote in about 24 hours. Super nice and responsive as well.

$1,060 to install the Tesla wall charger for me, which includes all of the permits and inspections my city mandates. They handle all of that as well. Only $690 was for the install it’s self.

Reactions: carlos916
Funny enough you’re actually local to me. I would highly recommend Connected Technology. They are a Tesla approved installer as well. You fill out a form online and upload some pictures and the get you an accurate quote in about 24 hours. Super nice and responsive as well.

$1,060 to install the Tesla wall charger for me, which includes all of the permits and inspections my city mandates. They handle all of that as well. Only $690 was for the install it’s self.

Oh good to know. Thanks bnb5550 for the info. I will contact them tomorrow.

Wow $2500 is quite a big number. I asked an electrician for an estimate but haven't heard back from him. I guess I should call few more and get estimates. I just ordered the wall connector few min ago.
For a normal size home $1500. Our square foot area is large and from one end to the other end of the house coming through the basement and up is a long distance and time to push the wires through the basement roof line etc.

I'm tired of the wait already, and January just seems an age away (let alone late Feb or March :rolleyes:)... Although maybe we'll all receive our cars in late December as Tesla scramble to set production records for the year. One can hope! For charging, I'm just going to get a NEMA 14-50 installed. We'll be moving house in a year or two, so no point in spending more than I have to now. I'm wondering about winter tires for this first winter, but we throw blizzaks on my wife's Subaru every winter, so I could always take that to work when there's heavy snow...
Nice to see a Minnesotan who booked in the same week as me. Where do you pick your car? Eden Prairie? I too am a bit worried about the small tires in the Tesla and how that will work out in the winter. That said, if the big spending bill does get passed we may see a $7500 rebate for EV's in 2022. I suspect many MYLR's and MYP's slated for delivery will elect to reject delivery and wait out a month for the $7500. We are on the edge and could get as early as December or as late as February. January is most likely delivery month for us.

Reactions: Tararua
Yeah makes sense to get a NEMA 14-50 if you plan to move but that said setting that up would cost the same as Tesla wall connector. the only reason I got a wall connector is because my husband wants to get a Tesla next year if we really like my Model Y, which I know he already does :)
A NEMA 14-50 connection requires 4 wires as opposed to 3 for Tesla Wall Connector. Second, one could add another WC to the same circuit. For a NEMA connection one would need to run a whole second set of wires. So if you do plan to get a second tesla in the future a WC is better. I am pretty sure my wife will also want a Tesla eventually.

Nice to see a Minnesotan who booked in the same week as me. Where do you pick your car? Eden Prairie? I too am a bit worried about the small tires in the Tesla and how that will work out in the winter. That said, if the big spending bill does get passed we may see a $7500 rebate for EV's in 2022. I suspect many MYLR's and MYP's slated for delivery will elect to reject delivery and wait out a month for the $7500. We are on the edge and could get as early as December or as late as February. January is most likely delivery month for us.

Likewise! I'm a transplanted Minnesotan (a New Zealander by origin), but this is my 10th year in the state, so I'm reasonably settled. Nice to have local MYLR company through the wait! I can't remember where I arranged to pick up - it was either St Paul or Eden Prairie. Regarding the tires in winter, I'm just going to see how it feels, I think. If it's really sketchy I'll get snow tires immediately. I imagine the sheer weight of the Y would help a bit, but I guess we'll see... It's funny, but I'm not even worried about the text credit. We're not rich, but we ordered the car because we can afford it, and at the moment I'd rather just have it than play with delivery dates and wait still longer. maybe we'll be bumped up to December!?!

Likewise! I'm a transplanted Minnesotan (a New Zealander by origin), but this is my 10th year in the state, so I'm reasonably settled. Nice to have local MYLR company through the wait! I can't remember where I arranged to pick up - it was either St Paul or Eden Prairie. Regarding the tires in winter, I'm just going to see how it feels, I think. If it's really sketchy I'll get snow tires immediately. I imagine the sheer weight of the Y would help a bit, but I guess we'll see... It's funny, but I'm not even worried about the text credit. We're not rich, but we ordered the car because we can afford it, and at the moment I'd rather just have it than play with delivery dates and wait still longer. maybe we'll be bumped up to December!?!
Interesting. A couple of decades back, I lived around the 38th parallel south, just a few degrees north of you. Good day mate:)

Ordered a MYLR, pearl white, BW interior, 7 seater on 9/2. The EDD said Jan, but found a vehicle in Washington that matched me, so I asked my SA and he assigned the VIN only to later tell me that they stopped doing interstate deliveries (I didn't know this, he confirmed later). So now he removed the VIN, I asked him to reset my order to the original one, and now I don't see any estimate. Just says "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date."

Hoping the wait isn't looonggg..

Ordered a MYLR, pearl white, BW interior, 7 seater on 9/2. The EDD said Jan, but found a vehicle in Washington that matched me, so I asked my SA and he assigned the VIN only to later tell me that they stopped doing interstate deliveries (I didn't know this, he confirmed later). So now he removed the VIN, I asked him to reset my order to the original one, and now I don't see any estimate. Just says "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date."

Hoping the wait isn't looonggg..
I'm curious if you considered going over to pick it up... I was seriously tempted by several MYLRs that were up for sale over the last week, but I don't have a SA to speak to. Is there a process for getting one?

I'm curious if you considered going over to pick it up... I was seriously tempted by several MYLRs that were up for sale over the last week, but I don't have a SA to speak to. Is there a process for getting one?
I would go over and pick it up if it's a nearby state, but my SA said that for qtr end, they're not even letting you do that. I called the Tesla Springfield NJ center and one of the advisors there said from next week, they should start allowing for interstate pick ups/transfers and they'll request it for you if you find one you like. Problem though is sales tax, it might get added.

Maybe call a service center and tell them you want a SA? I think you get assigned one when you place the order, I only find out I had one after calling in a few times.

While we all wait for our cars, how is everyone planning to charge their cars? Getting NEMA 14-50 or Tesla Wall Charger?
If we need to charge 2 Tesla's how does that work? what should I tell the electrician to do? I called an electrician for an estimate but not sure what exactly to ask him for charging 2 cars?
I ordered M3SR+ and I'm installing the NEMA 14-50 in my garage. It's my understanding that this model wont charge much faster with the Tesla Wall Connector due to the battery charging capacity. The install looks fairly straightforward if you're confident working with electricity, otherwise I'd hire it out.

Already installed a NEMA 14-50 for my M3 DIY. Going to add another to the other side of the garage for the wife's MY. Panel is 200A service and the house doesn't have any large electrical loads except the dryer. Living in WA means most homes don't have AC including mine. Last install cost less than $100 bucks. This one will cost a bit more but most likely less than $200. Home is going to be rented when I depart so someone will be setup if they have a EV.

Reactions: pgcoco
I ordered M3SR+ and I'm installing the NEMA 14-50 in my garage. It's my understanding that this model wont charge much faster with the Tesla Wall Connector due to the battery charging capacity. The install looks fairly straightforward if you're confident working with electricity, otherwise I'd hire it out.
Save your money. The SR+ will not benefit from the extra power time wise. IMO, it's not worth the money for any other Tesla unless you drive ALLOT and require the slightly faster charging.