Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we all wait for our cars, how is everyone planning to charge their cars? Getting NEMA 14-50 or Tesla Wall Charger?
If we need to charge 2 Tesla's how does that work? what should I tell the electrician to do? I called an electrician for an estimate but not sure what exactly to ask him for charging 2 cars?
I've got a Juicebox 40amp level 2 charger already installed in my garage from when I had my Chevy Bolts. I've been using it on my Model 3 for the past week with the adapter and it works great. I like that the Juicebox has an app where I can monitor the car's charging and energy use while it is plugged in. I can also see a detailed history of my charging.

When my MY shows up, I will likely use the 110v Tesla charger on the car that needs the least amount of charging and use the Juicebox on the other. The M3 will be my wife's commuter a few times a week so I imagine the Juicebox will be used to keep that charged. I work from home so the MY will only need 110v most of the time. The Juicebox cord is long enough to reach either car if I need to use it on the MY.

Was pleasantly surprised when I saw an EDD of Dec 14-Jan 3 when I checked today. I'm not obsessively checking like I once was to save my sanity. I took my M3 into the SC today to fix the delivery issues and figured it was a good time to check. Taking the EDD with a grain of salt but it is nice to see something there rather than nothing.

I ordered on Sept 4th and have not yet had an EDD. I think since I'm in Texas they don't want to assign EDD yet to wait and see how Giga Austin is going to do. Hoping that the Jan estimate is still close.
I hope we get some idea of how Giga Austin is coming along at the shareholders meeting next week. For us in the MYLR queue, there's a lot riding on it. I'm not even sure which factory I'd prefer my Y to come from, given that there might be problems or issues being worked through at Austin as production ramps up. It's sort of confusing trying to read all the smoke signals and Twitter rumors about it all...

I hope we get some idea of how Giga Austin is coming along at the shareholders meeting next week. For us in the MYLR queue, there's a lot riding on it. I'm not even sure which factory I'd prefer my Y to come from, given that there might be problems or issues being worked through at Austin as production ramps up. It's sort of confusing trying to read all the smoke signals and Twitter rumors about it all...
My wife were discussing this conundrum this evening. As awesome as dual castings and a structural battery pack sound, I think we would rather have a Fremont MY than an Austin one at the moment. A whole new production line, inexperienced line workers, and brand new structural design all happening at once could have issues out of the gate, especially with Tesla's history of QC problems. Elon has said in interviews it's better to wait for them to get a new line up and running well before buying. As great as these improvements might be, the tried and true old design MYLR coming off the line in Fremont is a safer bet in my mind. If it was this time next year, I wouldn't have any concern about getting an Austin car. YMMV.

My wife were discussing this conundrum this evening. As awesome as dual castings and a structural battery pack sound, I think we would rather have a Fremont MY than an Austin one at the moment. A whole new production line, inexperienced line workers, and brand new structural design all happening at once could have issues out of the gate, especially with Tesla's history of QC problems. Elon has said in interviews it's better to wait for them to get a new line up and running well before buying. As great as these improvements might be, the tried and true old design MYLR coming off the line in Fremont is a safer bet in my mind. If it was this time next year, I wouldn't have any concern about getting an Austin car. YMMV.
VW had a good point the other day when asked about dual-casting their frames. Specifically, they said they don't plan on doing it b/c any damage to car will severely limit any repair and likely end in it being totaled when it would be repairable with the older technology. They didn't get into specifics, but Electrek had a podcast on it a while back.

Ordered MYLR 09/03 White with black interior, 20in wheels & no other extras.
Originally EDD said January, then it disappeared for a few weeks. Was thinking about canceling my order as I cant wait longer than January ….Today EDD was updated to Nov 19th-Dec 9th 😀
Can I assume that it’ll be coming from Fremont rather than Austin?

Me looking for an EDD now that its a new quarter

matthew.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: carlos916
Seeing all these new EDD's I logged in with much expectation but found no EDD. That said, I suspect if the social infrastructure bill passes and they do include $7500 rebate for an EV, many buyers will decline delivery in December which would also be quarter end for Tesla. Any one getting delivery in the last 2 weeks of December would be throwing away money by accepting delivery in December. So it will be interesting to watch how Tesla handles this. One way could be to pull deliveries from end of December to first half and then give employees a week off and last week's production to be pushed out in January. Tesla books sales only on cash/delivery not shipping out the plant. That is why it does local state delivery in the last week, mainly out of turn to be able to book the sales.

Seeing all these new EDD's I logged in with much expectation but found no EDD. That said, I suspect if the social infrastructure bill passes and they do include $7500 rebate for an EV, many buyers will decline delivery in December which would also be quarter end for Tesla. Any one getting delivery in the last 2 weeks of December would be throwing away money by accepting delivery in December. So it will be interesting to watch how Tesla handles this. One way could be to pull deliveries from end of December to first half and then give employees a week off and last week's production to be pushed out in January. Tesla books sales only on cash/delivery not shipping out the plant. That is why it does local state delivery in the last week, mainly out of turn to be able to book the sales.
I don't think that will ever happen. Tesla is waaaaaay too focused on quarterly delivery numbers to stop production or push deliveries to the next quarter. I bet there are a lot people, myself included who would just take delivery in December and forego the refund. I don't think my MYLR would qualify since the limit for cars is $55k in the current bill. In fact, I bet that if the bill passes, you will lots of orders go on hold and EDDs dates will move up drastically for those willing to buy in 2021. I'm sure Tesla is well aware of the complications that a January start date for rebates would have on their delivery numbers. It would be sweet if they offered something like $3000 off the price to take delivery in Q4 to keep people from putting orders on hold.

Last edited:
I wonder what the income cutoff will be for the EV incentives, and what the price cap on the vehicle will be...

I imagine a lot of Tesla owners earn too much to receive the incentives, and e.g. the MYP I ordered is >$60k which might also not make the cap. Happy to be proven wrong, of course!

I wonder what the income cutoff will be for the EV incentives, and what the price cap on the vehicle will be...

I imagine a lot of Tesla owners earn too much to receive the incentives, and e.g. the MYP I ordered is >$60k which might also not make the cap. Happy to be proven wrong, of course!
Agreed. The $55K price limit and $400K gross income limit will disqualify a lot of MY orders. I'd like to be wrong so I can get my car on or before the current December EDD, but I doubt it...

Reactions: GadgetGary
I just posted in another thread on the EV credits. My EDD currently stands at Dec 18 - Jan 8. I would definitely defer if the cutoff for EV credit is 1/1 as it's been proposed in the current version of the bill. However, the way the bill is looking, I doubt it will go through as-is. It's likely the revised EV credits will get cut IMO. If the credits even manage to make into the final bill (which I doubt at this point) it's very likely that the income limit will drop to 100k. This has already been proposed. Personally, I've lost hope for the credit.

Reactions: Tararua