Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boys! Ordered my MYLR on 9/14, white on white 5 seater. Placed my order at the actual Tesla Center so my rep helped me complete my profile. That same day I saw a Feb 2022 EDD. The next day I log on to check and saw the EDD was gone. Logged on today and bam, EDD 12/21-12/31. So stoked!!!
This is amazing! I ordered the same config on 9/10 and no changes. Where does the delivery date appear? Maybe I am not looking in the right place?

I got a text from Tesla to update my trade info since I was coming up on the 30 mark. I never received where to send the updated info to so I decided to stop by my local Service Center. They found the text didn't sent all the way through. SA there said that android phone will sometimes drop text. I asked if they thought about when the MY would be delivering and they said March or so. I have a feeling they are in the dark as much as we are. Still no EDD for my 9/4 order but it did take me a week to complete my Profile since I had to get a replacement title for my trade.

Ordered Red MYLR 9/14 with induction, tow, black interior, FSD. Called the Service Center yesterday and they said to me that what we see on our end is what they see on their end regarding the overview page. So I think they, service center folks, are just in the dark as we are.

If the $7.5k gets passed, it appears it will be effective Jan 1st - no retroactive.

Those of us with existing reservations DO however appear to keep the older ($1k cheaper) price - Tesla raised prices yesterday.
Won't the credit be applied to car delivery date? I'm thinking for those November/December delivery folks might want to push back the dates.

Unless people just have no faith in the government passing this law in time?

Won't the credit be applied to car delivery date? I'm thinking for those November/December delivery folks might want to push back the dates.

I’m not putting any eggs in the ev credit basket. I think it will get cut, or the bill won’t ever come to the table.

You have to make your decisions for today with the best information you have available today. And that means nothing is assured about any credits, so be at peace with buying it how it is without any extra incentives. They certainly weren’t there when I placed the order. And I have no reason to expect they will suddenly materialize in the current US political environment.

From my understand, yes, it would be applied on delivery date since thats when you technically “bought the car”, but I won’t be surprised if they reduce the amount. I was thinking it would be nice to get the 7500 credit but I’d rather get my car as early as possible. It would also be nice to get the longer ranged battery thats supposed to come out, but again, if you are always waiting for the next great thing you will always be waiting.

Interesting news on my suddenly-early EDD jump: I went to the local Tesla dealership. SA's they looked at my account, and despite agreeing with me that my RN shows "October 08 - October 19", their own more detailed view still has estimates in December for me.

They found this surprising, and could not explain it. There's a chance what the web is showing me is bogus, and a chance someone happened to bail on my exact build so it jumped to me, but they can't see it.

$0.02 I'll keep you all updated.

Reactions: GadgetGary

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211007-175531_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-175531_Chrome.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 62
Order Date: Sept 30
Est Del Date: Nov 8 - Nov 28
Type: Model Y - Performance
Color: Red
Interior: White
Hitch: Yes
Seats: 5

No VIN Yet...
Received EDD about 2 days after order. Hasn't changed yet.

A Question for the group: After reading posts for the last few days it appears that Tesla makes these cars in batches based on color? I saw that someone indicated they were running red and blue right now. Is there a place to track this? (Read: How do we know what they're batching at the moment?)

Are all US deliveries still being made in Fremont?

Ok so I just refreshed my account few min ago and it shows Prepare for Delivery. Should I get excited? I don't see any VIN though.
I placed my order on 9/5 and changed it to color Red on 9/8. But also my trade in offer expired today and they asked me to enter new Odometer reading. Do you all this this Prepare for Delivery is because of that or there is something to get excited about?