Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MY-user we all have equity already (if you ignore taxes)

Attachments

• 87C14B35-9019-4C45-9876-BCC7296CEBF1.png
    87C14B35-9019-4C45-9876-BCC7296CEBF1.png
    807 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: voxel
OD: 9/6
Specs: MYLR, White/Blk Int., Gemini, Tow Hitch, FSD.

After ordering, I did not have an EDD for weeks but just THIS WEEK i see an EDD of March-April!! 😭😭

Does completing your profile (ie. financial portion, insurance) push you up in the queue?? My SA told me to wait to fill that out because the financial is only good for 60days…

But I read elsewhere on this site that selecting ‘cash payment’ now and changing it up to finance when there is confirmed delivery date is the way to go (again, to help push up the queue) is this true?!? 🥺

I prepared to wait 3-5months for MYLR but 7months!!🤪😜

If I was ordering my MYLR now, instead of in early Sept, and I was looking at a $3K price increase as well as a 7+ month wait, I would very likely switch to the R1S with the cheaper (Explore) interior at $70K. Tesla's price increases are just greedy, and they really contribute to my declining regard for them as a company. You'd be waiting close to a year for the R1S, but it's a lot more vehicle for not too much more money, and Rivian seem to be a company with genuine values, a sort of automotive Patagonia, which I appreciate. I also love the look of the Rivians. When we replace my wife's Elantra in a couple of years, the R1S is definitely in the lead. In the meantime, I wonder if Tesla's just going to be making potential customers look that much more closely at other options.

• Disagree
Reactions: 82bert
If I was ordering my MYLR now, instead of in early Sept, and I was looking at a $3K price increase as well as a 7+ month wait, I would very likely switch to the R1S with the cheaper (Explore) interior at $70K. Tesla's price increases are just greedy, and they really contribute to my declining regard for them as a company. You'd be waiting close to a year for the R1S, but it's a lot more vehicle for not too much more money, and Rivian seem to be a company with genuine values, a sort of automotive Patagonia, which I appreciate. I also love the look of the Rivians. When we replace my wife's Elantra in a couple of years, the R1S is definitely in the lead. In the meantime, I wonder if Tesla's just going to be making potential customers look that much more closely at other options.
Rivian is very very cool. I have a few friends with orders. I suspect they’ll need to raise prices due to parts shortages and if demand supports. I don’t know how anyone can honor a price from a year ago before shipping hit the fan.

Reactions: Tararua

Of course as prices increase people will start to look elsewhere or delay purchase. That’s kind of the point, to slow down demand and of course make a profit.

However, if they didn’t raise prices and kept it at $49k they would have just as many people look elsewhere as the wait would be ridiculously long (especially if the EV rebate passes) and they would make way less profit.

The Rs1 does look awesome. Hopefully they will start mass producing them here soon. Any idea on the waits and expected production numbers? Way pricier but more of a comparison to the Model X which is even more expensive. Only problem is the lack of the supercharger network.

The Rs1 does look awesome. Only problem is the lack of the supercharger network.
Supercharger network is not a problem.
- Currently EVs are not meant for long range trips. Overnight charging is more than sufficient for 99% of people.
- The government will eventually force EV companies to share charging networks just like cable companies must share cables.

• Disagree
Supercharger network is not a problem.
- Currently EVs are not meant for long range trips. Overnight charging is more than sufficient for 99% of people.
- The government will eventually force EV companies to share charging networks just like cable companies must share cables.
Many people can only have one car and want an EV, so that car becomes their vehicle for long range trips. Any EV with a 200+ mile range can be used for long trips but a non-Tesla EV requires much more planning due to the sporatic locations, lack of quality in existing fast charging networks, and "fast" chargers being quite slow. Believe me, I drove a Chevy Bolt for 4+ years. How many times have I had to deal with dead CCS chargers that show as working, chargers where the payment system is down, gaps in trips where there are no fast chargers within range(230ish miles), or the charger claims to be fast but will only negotiate something like 20kw. If you have only been using Superchargers, you have no idea how consistently crappy road tripping can be in a non-Tesla EV. Superchargers are spaced well, charge quickly, and just work. This can't be understated. Yes, most people will be able to get by with home charging 98% of the time but it's that other 2% where a quality charging infrastructure makes the difference of whether an EV is a joy or a headache.

Many people can only have one car and want an EV, so that car becomes their vehicle for long range trips.
I understand that some people need to go on long trips on an EV but it doesn't make it the right kind of vehicle until car charging infrastructure evolves.
The whole idea of free standing superchargers is wrong and only exists because people need to see a traditional gas station substitute. I see the future where grocery stores and other places will lure customers with their credit cards and promotions.
"Spend $100 in our store and get 50kwh for free." or "Stay in our hotel and get...." or "sign up for our credit card and get 6 months worth of charging" You see the point.
This is when EVs will be practical for long distance trips.

• Disagree
I understand that some people need to go on long trips on an EV but it doesn't make it the right kind of vehicle until car charging infrastructure evolves.
The whole idea of free standing superchargers is wrong and only exists because people need to see a traditional gas station substitute. I see the future where grocery stores and other places will lure customers with their credit cards and promotions.
"Spend $100 in our store and get 50kwh for free." or "Stay in our hotel and get...." or "sign up for our credit card and get 6 months worth of charging" You see the point.
This is when EVs will be practical for long distance trips.

Superchargers were specifically designed and located to address the long-distance travel problem for Teslas. They are not really intended for regular around-town use - it's correct that overnight charging is better for that use case.

Tesla has a major competitive advantage because right now it has a vastly superior long distance travel charging infrastructure. That will likely ease with time, but knowing you have the option to access a well-located, well-maintained charging network is a big Tesla plus that all other electric brands lack at the moment, especially in the USA where travel distances are large (Europe and Asia might be somewhat different)

Thanks. I'm in Atlanta. I think someone cancelled their order. Only thing I can think of. I'm getting a stealth wrap, ceramic coating and tints in a few weeks
Congratulations!! Black Beauty! Enjoy!

My EDD moved from Last week of Dec to Jan - Feb. Argh!!!
For some reason I believe all of Sept orders will be in the end of quarter rush and majority of people will put their orders on hold for EV credit.

I have a deposit/order ($1k refundable) on the R1S but I do not expect it before 2023. R1T arrives first then Rivian needs to supply vans/trucks to Amazon.

At least you know you will get a Model Y within 7-9 months range of a certain quality. The R1S will have first gen problems (I'm fine... this new car is too neat to pass up).

OD: 9/6
Specs: MYLR, White/Blk Int., Gemini, Tow Hitch, FSD.

After ordering, I did not have an EDD for weeks but just THIS WEEK i see an EDD of March-April!! 😭😭

Does completing your profile (ie. financial portion, insurance) push you up in the queue?? My SA told me to wait to fill that out because the financial is only good for 60days…

But I read elsewhere on this site that selecting ‘cash payment’ now and changing it up to finance when there is confirmed delivery date is the way to go (again, to help push up the queue) is this true?!? 🥺

I prepared to wait 3-5months for MYLR but 7months!!🤪😜
Same! Now just today it changed to May😑 I was also holding off on completely the financing for the same reason but came here looking for that answer as well. Does anyone know if completing the financing affects your place in line?

I entered "cash" for financing because I didn't want the credit to be pulled multiple times and I wanted to complete things as much as possible to get a spot. I then messaged my SA later that day in Sept about switching to financing. He said "cash" was a good choice for now to avoid having to redo the financing multiple times (and that he had does the same for his own order). He said he can reopen that choice up after I get a VIN.

"When Tesla has made your Model Y, Tesla will send an email with a VIN in it which means Tesla has made your Model Y and it is on its way to us. Let me know the moment you get that email so I can open you up for financing with us or go 3rd party with your own bank. "

Reactions: Jbapckfan