Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't even know how to contact an SA. I've had good relations with the people I've set up test drives with (I've had two MYLRs home over the entire weekend), but I honestly have no idea how you go about getting assigned an SA. How did you do it?
@Tararua when I went to go test drive the MY, the sales rep who helped me with that also helped me place my order. I was going to do it online myself but since I was there I went ahead and did it with him so he can give me pointers on how to expedite things, if possible. I didn’t know anybody in that tesla center, but wanted a way in so I tried to create a relationship with him while there. He told me he would be the SA assigned to me and he gave me his cell number. I’m not sure if it’s SOP for them to provide you their cell number, but he gave me his. After that initial meeting I would just touch base every once in a while. I‘m a Realtor so I did what we Realtors do, touched base every once in a while to make them not forget about us. Clearly it worked lol.

Also just got a late December EDD of 12/30-12/31, definitely one of the tighter EOQ timeframes I've seen so far. (OD 9/4 - MYLR/#TeamRed/19" - EDD blank for a month, then 12/21-12/31 -> 2/18-3/18 -> 1/14-2/11 -> 12/30-12/31... these fluctuations are killing me...)

Also just got a late December EDD of 12/30-12/31, definitely one of the tighter EOQ timeframes I've seen so far. (OD 9/4 - MYLR/#TeamRed/19" - EDD blank for a month, then 12/21-12/31 -> 2/18-3/18 -> 1/14-2/11 -> 12/30-12/31... these fluctuations are killing me...)
They want to make sure every vehicle they made in the quarter is "sold". That can happen only if they distribute the last 1 week production locally. They do the same in Shanghai as well. No exports to Europe in the last fortnight from Shanghai. Texans will enjoy the same benefit once the plant their starts manufacturing.

I don't even know how to contact an SA. I've had good relations with the people I've set up test drives with (I've had two MYLRs home over the entire weekend), but I honestly have no idea how you go about getting assigned an SA. How did you do it?
Call and find out the SA who helped you out at the SC. Thank him and ask for his email. Or ask the SC for his email and that you wish to thank him for his time. I personally am letting the delivery take its time. Getting a new car in MN in the dead of winter is not something to work to enable it. I would definitely like it by end of February to test how it drives in the snow at least once.

Reactions: Tararua
Don't hate me but I just got a VIN! EDD is 10/30-11/4. That's less than 60 days from order to delivery. Insanity! BUT I just think I got lucky. VIN is MF298 so it's likely that I got one from an order that someone who wasn't ready to take delivery. No complaints here. I'm ready!
Even though you booked just 1 day prior to me, I am very happy for you and also happy for every retail customer who gets delivery earlier than estimated. I am just psed at Elon for pushing Hertz ahead of us retail customers and pushing our December EDD to February. This is akin to Wells Fargo scrwing their own customers. Tesla's corporate philosophy changed from relying on retail customers to relying on other corporations. 3 years from now, it will be very different with Lexus, Acura, Audi, Merc and others will be coming out with luxury EVs. The customers will get the the last laugh. For now, I don't have choice but to patiently wait my turn.

Even though you booked just 1 day prior to me, I am very happy for you and also happy for every retail customer who gets delivery earlier than estimated. I am just psed at Elon for pushing Hertz ahead of us retail customers and pushing our December EDD to February. This is akin to Wells Fargo scrwing their own customers. Tesla's corporate philosophy changed from relying on retail customers to relying on other corporations. 3 years from now, it will be very different with Lexus, Acura, Audi, Merc and others will be coming out with luxury EVs. The customers will get the the last laugh. For now, I don't have choice but to patiently wait my turn.
You realize the Hertz deal was already in motion awhile before announcement and it’s for SR 3s? No Ys in the deal. Totally different assembly line.

Reactions: OmarL
I bet you that February EDD is a placeholder while they work out the schedule. You will likely get your car earlier than that. I have my fingers crossed for you!

No one knows for sure is the short answer. Let’s hope they move forward with something, anything soon though.

Agreed - no one knows right now.

What we do know is that the odds of some kind of bill going thru seem to be rising, and most incarnations/proposals have tended to include extending electric car rebate to US makers. I think the biggest risk is still that the entire bill gets stalled - if a bill passes we likely get $7.5k with some form of income and price cap.

Reactions: 82bert
Don't hate me but I just got a VIN! EDD is 10/30-11/4. That's less than 60 days from order to delivery. Insanity! BUT I just think I got lucky. VIN is MF298 so it's likely that I got one from an order that someone who wasn't ready to take delivery. No complaints here. I'm ready!
Congratulations!! So happy for you we ordered on the same day. Iam keeping my fingers crossed.

Ordered an MYP gray with black interior on Sept 19th. EDD pushed back from October to November 8th - December 6th. Getting antsy seeing other people get their vehicles with later delivery dates or even VIN #'s. Nothing so far - NADA. Sigh - No one told me about this part of the ordering process SMH

Similar situation for me—black/black MYP ordered on 9/29. No VIN or SA assigned. EDD is Nov 17 - Dec 17 and hasn't changed since original order date.
Ordered an MYP gray with black interior on Sept 19th. EDD pushed back from October to November 8th - December 6th. Getting antsy seeing other people get their vehicles with later delivery dates or even VIN #'s. Nothing so far - NADA. Sigh - No one told me about this part of the ordering process SMH