Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call and find out the SA who helped you out at the SC. Thank him and ask for his email. Or ask the SC for his email and that you wish to thank him for his time. I personally am letting the delivery take its time. Getting a new car in MN in the dead of winter is not something to work to enable it. I would definitely like it by end of February to test how it drives in the snow at least once.
So, after returning the MYLR on Monday morning, I sent a long, enthusiastic message to the SA who set up the test drive thanking him and asking a couple of polite questions about the Y in winter. No reply. This morning, I got on the Tesla chat and asked the person there who my SA was. Got a name. The agent on the chat asked a few questions about why I wanted to contact my SA, and then said he'd email him and get him to ring me ASAP. That was at 9am. It's now 5pm. No call. I'm a little bit pissed with the service here. I'm trying to be friendly, and I would wager I'm more engaged than the majority of the customers they get. However, even getting someone to call you back seems a real issue. Is it like this for others? I'm seriously unimpressed this week...

So, after returning the MYLR on Monday morning, I sent a long, enthusiastic message to the SA who set up the test drive thanking him and asking a couple of polite questions about the Y in winter. No reply. This morning, I got on the Tesla chat and asked the person there who my SA was. Got a name. The agent on the chat asked a few questions about why I wanted to contact my SA, and then said he'd email him and get him to ring me ASAP. That was at 9am. It's now 5pm. No call. I'm a little bit pissed with the service here. I'm trying to be friendly, and I would wager I'm more engaged than the majority of the customers they get. However, even getting someone to call you back seems a real issue. Is it like this for others? I'm seriously unimpressed this week...
Somewhere in this forum I read keep a good contact with your SA if you have one and you might have a chance they will find a match for you. So I texted my SA today this morning and he hasn’t replied yet. Lol.

Reactions: Tararua
Early review of pending legislation drafts from today - sounds like it would retain the $7.5k tax credit. I've not found more detail than this yet on thresholds or limits:
  • $320 billion for clean energy tax credits. This includes 10-year expanded tax credits for utility-scale and residential clean energy, transmission and storage, clean passenger and commercial vehicles and clean energy manufacturing.

Early review of pending legislation drafts from today - sounds like it would retain the $7.5k tax credit. I've not found more detail than this yet on thresholds or limits:
  • $320 billion for clean energy tax credits. This includes 10-year expanded tax credits for utility-scale and residential clean energy, transmission and storage, clean passenger and commercial vehicles and clean energy manufacturing.

Here's another source from within the last 6 hours:

"The credit would be $7,500 for the EV, an additional $2,500 for vehicles assembled within the United States, and another potential $2,500 for cars built at production facilities whose workers are members of or are represented by a labor union."

My parsing of that is we could see as much as a $10k credit.... if the legislation ever gets agreed to.

Don't hate me but I just got a VIN! EDD is 10/30-11/4. That's less than 60 days from order to delivery. Insanity! BUT I just think I got lucky. VIN is MF298 so it's likely that I got one from an order that someone who wasn't ready to take delivery. No complaints here. I'm ready!
@scoobybri hey man congratulations! That just happened to me Yesterday! I got the 10/29-11/03 window, and they told me I could go on the 30th to pick it up. I had to reschedule for the 1st since this weekend is my son’s bday party and bday. Born on Halloween 🎃

You realize the Hertz deal was already in motion awhile before announcement and it’s for SR 3s? No Ys in the deal. Totally different assembly line.
Man, I have worked over a decade in Automotive manufacturing I know how various models are made in a plant. It is the plant capacity that matters, and many component manufacturing use shared resources. Tesla decided to crimp MYLR retail capacity. Yes, Hertz deal was in the making for a while, and that is why from around 10th September new booking EDD's started digressing by a month as each week went by. My delay of 2 months happened because 20% of Freemont capacity is going to fulfill Hertz's order starting next month.

@Tararua @pgcoco It’s normal. Dont stress about it. They may be off today, who knows. I texted my SA and didn’t get a response for like 2-3 days lol. But he came through for me. I’m the one who said having a good relationship with your SA can really help. Getting my car in 1.5 months after placing order. Placed MYLR order on 9/14. Everything stock except for the white interior…but that is a super common car yet here I am. 11/1 is the DAY!!!

Man, I have worked over a decade in Automotive manufacturing I know how various models are made in a plant. It is the plant capacity that matters, and many component manufacturing use shared resources. Tesla decided to crimp MYLR retail capacity. Yes, Hertz deal was in the making for a while, and that is why from around 10th September new booking EDD's started digressing by a month as each week went by. My delay of 2 months happened because 20% of Freemont capacity is going to fulfill Hertz's order starting next month.
You have no way to know any of this is accurate. Your singular order has little to do with the big picture. None of us are that special.

Looks like Union provision was dropped, Model Y as an domestic SUV under $69000 MSRP would qualify for 12,500. And there is a point of sale option, but it would seem you will have to show your previous year's tax form to prove your adjusted gross income. Also, the dates are either the bill becomes law, or Dec.31, which ever is LATER.
Land rush of delayed deliveries past the 4th QTR ....

Looks like Union provision was dropped, Model Y as an domestic SUV under $69000 MSRP would qualify for 12,500. And there is a point of sale option, but it would seem you will have to show your previous year's tax form to prove your adjusted gross income. Also, the dates are either the bill becomes law, or Dec.31, which ever is LATER.
Land rush of delayed deliveries past the 4th QTR ....
So basically nobody will be taking delivery of a Model Y until May of 2022 or whenever the bill finally gets passed. Seems a fun logistics problem for Tesla to deal with... :oops:o_O

Lots of dates moving around here, but no changes on my end. I’ll keep tracking it here and report back in a few weeks or if something changes sooner

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/4: No EDD
10/8: No EDD
10/14: No EDD
10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (First EDD, 20 days after order)
10/28: EDD February 02 - February 22

Those of us sidelined by Elon in preference for Hertz from December to February might have the last laugh if the bill does pass. The bill is no close to being settled between the moderates and progressive and Bernie and Pramila are not backing down. Both Schumer and Pelosi have lost control of the bill.

So basically nobody will be taking delivery of a Model Y until May of 2022 or whenever the bill finally gets passed. Seems a fun logistics problem for Tesla to deal with... :oops:o_O
I'm taking delivery of my MYLR regardless of bill status or model year. (I'm getting a 2021 according to my VIN.) There's no guarantee that the bill passes and who knows how long it will take to get a 2022 if I put my order in hold. There's tons of people waiting many many months for an order with no end in sight who would love to have their MY right now. The Tesla gods have looked favorably on me for some reason I don't understand and thus I'm not turning down the opportunity to have the car I wanted delivered in less than 2 months. I look at it this way: I did not place the order with the requirement that there was a tax rebate or that I would be getting anything other than a 2021. Fate has spoken and I'm going to take advantage of the here and now.