Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Not sure I understand this. How do hold removals move us earlier? I would think it could push us back as Tesla slots in the holds according to their original order date? Really hoping they don’t.

Thx heaps.
I may be wrong, but I think @45thParallel meant 'push us back' in his post above? I guess that where we all are now in the line will depend on what sort of treatment Tesla gives the people who have placed and removed holds. I would hope this bumps them back considerably, but judging from the August Deliveries thread, it seems to as random and chaotic as everything to do with the waiting list & EDDs.

yes. I totally agree. Holds will be removed and we might be pushed ahead of our scheduled delivery. Me being close to Fremont have a good chance of receiving the car by end of the year. Lets see what happens.
Folks Tesla is emailing /texting to remove hold and get their car since they have been on hold for a long time. Now since everyone EV credit is Dead in the water, they will press the "I am Ready" button on their own, I hope Tesla puts them back in the queue and we get pushed ahead. Lets hope for the best :)

I got my model Y on December 13th.
Vin:NFxxxxxx 15 miles
I have been driving for a week, and It’s great!
Current mileage 498 miles.

MYLR, Black/Black, 20”, 5-seater, No FSD, tow
Los Angeles
OD:9/8/21 completed profile 9/15/21
EDD1: March - April
EDD2: 15 Dec - 31 Dec
EDD3: May
EDD4: 21 Jan - 27 Feb
EDD5: 21 Dec - 31 Dec

I received a call from Tesla on the afternoon of December 12. At the same time I got vin and the delivery date shows December 13th.

I have been following here silently for three months. I wish you all get your MY as soon as possible, and good luck, Guys

Attachments

• 1325E8F6-F026-4BC5-A15A-E6A5A0FA71F6.jpeg
    1325E8F6-F026-4BC5-A15A-E6A5A0FA71F6.jpeg
    830.4 KB · Views: 80
  • E0ECC44A-9BF6-4781-9A5F-1302B2ECC548.jpeg
    E0ECC44A-9BF6-4781-9A5F-1302B2ECC548.jpeg
    680.6 KB · Views: 61
Another week or so going by, lots of people talking about changing EDDs, FSD theories across the board, but I don't see anything moving on my page.... nor does the spreadsheet seem to warrant FSD orders being sped up (unless they aren't registering the deliveries on the spreadsheet). It's possible because the number of VINs per week has been decreasing lately.

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (20 days after order)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (48 days since first EDD, 68 days since OD)
12/20: EDD February 14 - March 14th (18 days since latest EDD, 86 days since OD)

Looking at the Teslike Model Y spreadsheet, it looks like the AVG Days to VIN is now 80 days (up from 74 days last I posted), based on the following filters I've been looking at:
  • Order Date between 8/1 & 9/30
  • Has last VIN Date
  • Model Y LR only
  • USA only
I suppose these numbers are only going to keep going up because they get skewed right at the beginning with those that magically get their VIN ahead of schedule. Hoping for some good news by January

I got my model Y on December 13th.
Vin:NFxxxxxx 15 miles
I have been driving for a week, and It’s great!
Current mileage 498 miles.

MYLR, Black/Black, 20”, 5-seater, No FSD, tow
Los Angeles
OD:9/8/21 completed profile 9/15/21
EDD1: March - April
EDD2: 15 Dec - 31 Dec
EDD3: May
EDD4: 21 Jan - 27 Feb
EDD5: 21 Dec - 31 Dec

I received a call from Tesla on the afternoon of December 12. At the same time I got vin and the delivery date shows December 13th.

I have been following here silently for three months. I wish you all get your MY as soon as possible, and good luck, Guys
Oh my gah!!! I got my VIN today!!!

Order date: Sept 6 with initial EDD: Jan 2022
VIN issued: Dec 19
Current EDD: shows Mar/Apr 😐

But I am excited I got a VIN!
HOLY CHET!! My EDD got bumped up today to Dec 22-26!!!!!!! 🤯🤯🤯

105DAYS still waiting😔
I'm at 113 days with potentially another 50+ days to go based on my latest EDD push over the weekend to 1/20/22 to 2/17/22.

Blue Model Y Long Range, Black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD or tail hitch.

I keep holding out hope for an end of year California push and checking the app and my phone obsessively looking for updates or a Text with a VIN.

108 days but who's counting?

I've found the September thread to be more upbeat and encouraging than the West Coast thread, the California thread, or the recent Northern California thread. Yes. I'm cherry picking.

But when it comes to deliveries, the best thread of all is in the Europe pages, where they track deliveries by ship from Shanghai and San Francisco, complete with updated maps, itineraries, livecam links, and pictures. It would be comforting to know that my Model Y is in the Mediterranean making 12 knots 200 km SE of Malta, 12 days from the Port of Zeebrugge, instead of bouncing around in a computer in Palo Alto. They have a logistics guy over there, Mr Miserable, who really knows his stuff.