Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the odds of any EV tax rebate seem to have gone down this weekend with Manchin declaring his opposition. This could have two impacts on Tesla deliveries: Yes, some sincere buyers will come off hold, plumping the near term waiting list. However it may also chase OUT speculators who were thinking to take delivery, bank the ev credit, and flip the car... I imagine no more than a bit of chaos around Jan deliveries and then perhaps a smoother schedule instead of so much bouncing of EDD's
Interesting 'investment' idea; however, I think the majority of Tesla's demand is for personal reasons and not some expensive 'support the unions' who seem to can't catch up w Tesla's EV without some gov't handout. I find those in line for the EV credit are just, well I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: 45thParallel
108 days but who's counting?

I've found the September thread to be more upbeat and encouraging than the West Coast thread, the California thread, or the recent Northern California thread. Yes. I'm cherry picking.

But when it comes to deliveries, the best thread of all is in the Europe pages, where they track deliveries by ship from Shanghai and San Francisco, complete with updated maps, itineraries, livecam links, and pictures. It would be comforting to know that my Model Y is in the Mediterranean making 12 knots 200 km SE of Malta, 12 days from the Port of Zeebrugge, instead of bouncing around in a computer in Palo Alto. They have a logistics guy over there, Mr Miserable, who really knows his stuff.
107 days for me and still counting.

I seriously think you're going to get an email around the 26th with a VIN and a new date of Dec 29th-31st, or something like that. I obviously know nothing, but I think you'll get it by year's end.
That would be awesome, I hope all of us get our cars this year. And I hope folks who are taking holds off of their cars fall back into the queue and not ahead of us.

I'm considering it for the future, but would add it instead of buying on the base car since tax, license and insurance are all indexed to the cars "price"
I think you still end up having to add it to your insurance, if you don't and it gets totaled your out 10k.

I'd like to see tesla offer a FSD retro special and drop the price to 5k . I am tempted to get it but when I think of 70k it seems excessive

Was suddenly surprised Tuesday evening over dinner - VIN assigned and pick up scheduled for Dec 23rd! Great Christmas surprise! Hopefully the day goes smooth, butterflies all over! The wait has been too long
Man.....your specs are similar to mine except I ordered 9 days later, plus tow and FSD....and I'm just across the river.....DON'T GET MY HOPES UP HOMBRE 🤣

I'm considering it for the future, but would add it instead of buying on the base car since tax, license and insurance are all indexed to the cars "price"
I will get it, but not with the car. I will be paying an extra $1040 over 10 years based on my calculation if I buy FSD with the car. makes no financial sense even if Tesla is expediting orders with FSD. Now that December is out, I am fine getting it in February or even March.

Yeah, changes to EDD coming at 2 week intervals now. Ordered 9/27. 5th EDD this morning, now March 12- April 9. I'm OK with it, maybe I will get a Texas built Y.
I refuse to believe there will be substantial differences for many many many months ...except that Fremont builds will have better QC. Until the new batteries are actually in cars. The front casting alone, even if it is just put into Austin cars at first, may drop weight only 10 lbs or so. They have been pretty unclear about how the projected weight savings from the 4860’s, the new structure of the battery pack and front casting all split out, but my guess is there won’t be a significant difference in the way the car drives or what it weighs until the batteries are in place.

I ordered Model Y LR (blue, black interior, 7 seats, two hitch, FSD) and until yesterday night my delivery window was Dec 22-31. I woke up this morning and saw an updated window Jan 20 - Feb 17 and I am pretty frustrated... Anyone else with similar experience?

Order date: Sep 7

Dec 21 update: I saw a VIN assigned to me on Tesla account and my EDD is now Dec 22 - Dec 26.

It seems that Tesla hired the engineer behind the Windows File Copy Dialog to implement his algorithm for EDD :).