Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I’ve been spectating here since I ordered 9/10
MY white exterior, black interior, no hitch, 7 seater.
Is 7 seater really uncommon? My EDD was December then got pushed to January 21 to February 18. Should I expect it to get push even more? I live in San Diego Ca.

Hi,
Is 7 seater really uncommon? My EDD was December then got pushed to January 21 to February 18. Should I expect it to get push even more? I live in San Diego Ca.
Same specs as mine except for interior and tow, I bought a day later and live on the other coast. My dates are similar to yours.

Given everything that is happening in this thread I am treating my EDD as a fairytale until I get a text that says it's here. I had a temporary bump up to November that had me jump a little....

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
I just watched Elons full interview. He is spot on imo. The govt spending by increasing debt is not sustainable and will not end well if we do not attempt to balance the budget by decreasing spending and prioritizing that spending to essential infracture that is truly needed. Elon's primary goal in life is to get us to Mars with a sustainable colony in case we do ourselves in, a worthy endeavor. He has no interest in personal wealth, his prmary focus is SpaceX and saving humanity from itself. Excessve govt regulation just slows things down, especially attempts to get Starship launched on a regular basis as Starlink V2 is hoped to be the primary means of financing SpaceX. My Model Y EDD is Jan/Feb and I am OK if I dont get the Tax Credit, in fact I hope the BBB fails to ever pass.

I would recommend visiting the local Tesla service center and having a Sales associate look at your order. Or call Tesla and talk to them and find out if your order is "complete". Sometimes when people do not have loan documentation complete, the registration is not considered as complete. Likewise in some states one needs to upload their insurance coverage before the order is consider complete. The good thing is, I see that even when registration or profile date is much later, once it is complete, Tesla moves your order as per booking date during the next EDD refresh.
I have call tesla. They check my order and it was complete on September 8. And who ever i spoke to, is like talking to a wall. No real answer for anything. Tell me call back in February if nothing change..😡 as off today my edd is say "June " Im thinking about go to the tesla location closest to my home this weekend hope they can set some light on what going on.

I received a message from Tesla because they updated my delivery location. Does anyone receive this kind of message before car delivery?
No change for my EDD, but I think it is a good signal since last message I got from Tesla was for completed pre-delivery task back to September😆

Reactions: carlos916
Same here. Order 9/6 EDD sitting i June .
I also have a Sept. order (in my case in Sept. 30th) for a MY LR. I completed my profile at that time and this will be a cash sale. My EDD moved around some the 1st couple of months with EDDs jumping between Feb., Mar. and April then in late Nov. it moved to June and that's where it still is. I guess this happened to several of us with Sept. orders.

I also have a Sept. order (in my case in Sept. 30th) for a MY LR. I completed my profile at that time and this will be a cash sale. My EDD moved around some the 1st couple of months with EDDs jumping between Feb., Mar. and April then in late Nov. it moved to June and that's where it still is. I guess this happened to several of us with Sept. orders.
FL club is waiting on Austin Giga factory to start up, we're pretty certain June is just a placeholder.

FL club is waiting on Austin Giga factory to start up, we're pretty certain June is just a placeholder.
Seems a lot of people are now June. Agreed that I hope its for Giga Texas, but also saw a few West Coasters get June also. (Mostly East). I have emailed my SA to get an update, hopefully I should hear back today. He has been good about responding to my emails within 24 hrs.

Reactions: Sto88
Hi,
Same as my config. Ordered a week later. EDD Jan 24- Feb 21. Iam speculating that this will be pushed further based on what I'm reading here. I'm on the east coast.

The pushbacks on EDDs may be the result of Tesla working on Elon Time, at least in part. We heard all last year how Austin (and Berlin) will both start production in Q4. If that was built into delivery schedules—oops. And Fremont will need some retooling this year. Tesla will have a problem with two versions of the same car at the same price. The class action lawyers will be salivating. It only took a week to change a M3 production line over to MY, so probably not a big deal. I could be wrong, but it will be a problem for buyers regardless.

If Austin follows the Shanghai ramp up it will produce in 2022 less than 1/3 of its eventual 2023 output, which will be close to eventual full capacity. Fremont will still produce a large majority of Model Y production for the US market, especially in the Q1 and Q2. I’ve seen estimates of 140,000 Austin cars produced next year, with a majority of those in Q3 and Q4. So assuming you will be getting an Austin car is not a safe assumption, although the odds will increase over time.

I received a message from Tesla because they updated my delivery location. Does anyone receive this kind of message before car delivery?
No change for my EDD, but I think it is a good signal since last message I got from Tesla was for completed pre-delivery task back to September😆
Sacramento here too.. got that text and got really excited but nothing has changed on my edd 😐

Reactions: Bbcheuk